Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good and comfy

Comment

Hi Guys, I have discovered one problem with the seats. Didn't notice until a couple of days ago when my daugther sat in the passengers seat and the seat belt light didnt come on.
      My problem is that I have no way of checking if the car is arming the passenger side airbag. The fault could be the seat belt is broken inside it and the switch is open so when you sit on the seat it thinks the seat belt is in it and wont show the light. OR the seat occupancy sensor is not sensing someone in the seat.

Saying that there are no fault light on the screens and they all go out as they should. I am thinking it is the seat belt as I would have thought most makes of cars give you a fault when the seat sensor is not working , once the car has checked the system.
      If anyone can shed some light on my problem please do.

However love the seats they are so comfortable and look great.

Comment

Good news.:cool: Have managed to fix the problem.

Tested the belt buckle and seat pad and they are fine. So it had to be wiring.

Seems the peugeot system is wired slightly different to the Citroen one. I have managed to use the wiring loom from the citroen and place it under the 207 gti seats. I discarded most of the peugeot harness except for the 3 airbag wires. I havent cut any wiring just had to remove some pins in the connector and place the peugeot ones in the Citroen harness. Its hard to explain until you start doing this and have a look at the harness.

Refitted the seats and the lights come on and go out as they should. Sit in the passengers seat and the belt light comes on and goes off when you put the belt in the holder.

Works a treat and looks fantastic. And they are really comfortable.
        Last edited by Skittso11; 29-06-2012, 12:57.

Comment

Good job!
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Glad you got it all sorted and are now enjoying those fantastic seats.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Hi guys, just out of interest does anyone have a 'walk through' or anything similar to help, seriously looking at getting this done at the end of the month.

Comment

Working...
              X