No announcement yet.

Windows Click when fully closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reading through the forum, and I am intrigued with this one! Anyone still get it, and please upload a video :P . I need to know and I dont even have my car yet....thats a different story

Comment

I still get it. Got used to it now. Lol

Comment

The only other thing it could be is the retaining bolt used to tell the windows that it is closed and not to push any further. Must say that it is not a fault but normal for any car.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

My windows still click, they now rattle at certain adjusted heights and they rub against the rubber bits on either side on occasion.

Good looking car that's sadly built with the cheapest of materials and care. Still not getting rid of mine anytime soon but I know it's going to be fit for the dump in 5 years, shame really
          sigpic

Comment

I agree with the windows, I have had similar issues with mine being noisy, both rattling when open a degree and a lot of rubbing on the weather seals.

Comment

Apologies for the thread revival, but my drivers' side window has just started clonking after it's closed. It's definitely not a relay-type noise - it's a mechanical clonk from inside the door, a few seconds after the window is fully raised.

Has anyone found a cause/cure for this?

Comment

My old 11 plate did this but not noticed it in my new 62 plate yet....
                sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                Third time around.
                Work in Progress

Comment

Mine have always done it, i thought it was an additional auto close to ensure that the window has fully sealed after you have closed them.....

It happens about 5 seconds after you've finished closing.
                  Last edited by beck_4ever; 04-01-2013, 22:28.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                    Apologies for the thread revival, but my drivers' side window has just started clonking after it's closed. It's definitely not a relay-type noise - it's a mechanical clonk from inside the door, a few seconds after the window is fully raised.

Has anyone found a cause/cure for this?
                    I know a few of you have mentioned this but I can't say I have ever seen one myself, any chance of a video or audio recording showing the event?
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Both mine do this defo from the doors sounds like regulator overrunning or something

Comment

Both my DS3's have done this and both didn't do it till they were over 10k miles. I do think the cold weather might make it worse as some times it's louder and takes longer to make the sound after the window has closed.
                        Doesn't bother me anymore as I got used to it. I don't know how to upload a video if I make one? Does it have to be through YouTube?
                        To add to what has been said though it doesn't sound like a relay working as I'd expect it to be quieter but it is really a rather loud 'Thunk' sound.
                        '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                        '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                        'We do what we must, because we can.'
                        Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Got the same, and sometimes takes even longer than 5 seconds for it to make noise...
                          BLACK DS3 Sport Chic 150THP | Forge Induction Kit | Skytune Exhaust

Comment

Mine clunk a second or two after they're fully closed, but only when the weather is cold. When it's warm it doesn't make the sound.
                            sigpic

Comment

My drivers side does this as well and only done 1500mls, has anybody come up with an answer to this yet
                              sigpic
                              Gone but not forgotten....replaced by SEAT Ibiza Toca in Black

Comment

after all these posts about clunking windows why cant anyone be bothered to video an upload it ? ? ? ?
                                The Truth is Out There !

Comment

Working...
                                X