No announcement yet.

PMSL - recall for "incorrect illumination of warning lights"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have had this recall... according to Citroen it's deemed 'essential', but am running fine 8k miles in. hmm...
    -- Gannet.
    DS3 DSport THP150, Polar White, Carmen Red Roof...

Comment

Originally posted by gannet View Post
      I too have had this recall... according to Citroen it's deemed 'essential', but am running fine 8k miles in. hmm...
      *drum roll*
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post

*drum roll*
        for what, whether Ill have the recall work done or er engine problems?
        -- Gannet.

Comment

for what, whether Ill have the recall work done or er engine problems?
          I'm teasing. THP's are renowned for going pop. I was anticipating an engine failure.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Yours gone pop yet Fish?
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Yours gone pop yet Fish?
              CBLUE
              It did in the first 10k. Engine's been replaced since and been in for the same juddering fault a couple 100 miles back.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Just called Citroen service dept
                Recall is for "Upgrading the software on the engine management system to avoid illumination for lack of power"
                AND i asked her to repeat that (Almost sounds like their just gonna take the lamp out!)
                When I said dont think I'll bother as I dont have the issue, she got quite determined and said they would have to have the car back to do it
                Lets hope all runs smoothly after- anyone had it done yet?
                CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

It did in the first 10k. Engine's been replaced since and been in for the same juddering fault a couple 100 miles back.
                  To be honest- surprised you aint fed up with it and move it on
                  You had done a few upgrades though hadnt you
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

To be honest- surprised you aint fed up with it and move it on
                    You had done a few upgrades though hadnt you
                    CBLUE
                    The remap and exhaust along with a few internal mods were the only things in place. I didn't notify Citroen of them and their mechanics gave my dealer permission to replace the engine under warranty.

If I didn't have so much fun driving it as I do I probably would have just rejected it, given the option and bought another bike.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

What- trade the DS3 in for a Raleigh? Thats a bit drastic LOL
                      CBLUE
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm teasing. THP's are renowned for going pop. I was anticipating an engine failure.
                        so I've heard - got me fingers crossed. surely not all of them can go wrong
                        -- Gannet.

Comment

Recall is for "Upgrading the software on the engine management system to avoid illumination for lack of power"
                          Yep - sounds like the 21st Century equivalent of taking the bulb out!

Note that the explanation doesn't say "to avoid lack of power" but "to avoid illumination for lack of power" - so, presumably, once this software "upgrade" is done, when the almost inevitable power loss problems occur, the warning light won't illuminate. How much do you want to bet that if you were then to ask your dealer to investigate the power loss, they'll say "no warning light showing? no fault found".

In my experience, the only time that Citroen have been prepared to do anything about the power loss & uneven power delivery on mine is when the warning light is illuminated, as the car itself has provided me with incontrovertible evidence that it is poorly.

Or am I just being paranoid?

Comment

surely not all of them can go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                              Yep - sounds like the 21st Century equivalent of taking the bulb out!

Note that the explanation doesn't say "to avoid lack of power" but "to avoid illumination for lack of power" - so, presumably, once this software "upgrade" is done, when the almost inevitable power loss problems occur, the warning light won't illuminate. How much do you want to bet that if you were then to ask your dealer to investigate the power loss, they'll say "no warning light showing? no fault found".

In my experience, the only time that Citroen have been prepared to do anything about the power loss & uneven power delivery on mine is when the warning light is illuminated, as the car itself has provided me with incontrovertible evidence that it is poorly.

Or am I just being paranoid?
                              I think that's more a dealer issue than Citroen.

I took mine in the other week and had a chat with the manager there after telling him it had the same juddering fault as before the last time the engine was replaced. Explained that I knew the car wouldn't be covered under warranty but took the time to sit down with him and politely explain that the issue with the engine isn't one I have created. I even went as far as to log onto the forum with him and detail the problems others had in the past.

1 week later, I got a call from the servicing department asking when I could drop the car off. Took it in that Saturday, went home with a courtesy car for 2 hours, back into the dealers and out of the forecourt with my freshly tightened chain

When in doubt, shop about. Try another dealer if you get similar issues in future Gar to see if you can progress things faster.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Bleedin Eck GAR074
                                YOURE TURNING INTO THE WAY ZACK WAS
                                All that Tick Tick Tosh! - seen as many Diesels on here complaining bout power loss too
                                CBLUE
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X