PMSL - recall for "incorrect illumination of warning lights"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
    When in doubt, shop about. Try another dealer...
    Good advice, Fish. I wish I could find a dealer in my neck of the woods with a decent track-record on fixing THPs - the one I'm using at the moment is the best of the bunch so far, but they're clearly learning as they go along, and I feel a bit like this chap (although in a yellow car, obviously, and he's got more hair than me)

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
      Good advice, Fish. I wish I could find a dealer in my neck of the woods with a decent track-record on fixing THPs - the one I'm using at the moment is the best of the bunch so far, but they're clearly learning as they go along, and I feel a bit like this chap (although in a yellow car, obviously, and he's got more hair than me)

Haha, my main grief came from PSA's upper management last time.

Whilst I was waiting for the engine to be replaced I was given a C1 courtesy car. I had it for a month.

Moving from the DS3 to a C1 isn't the nicest of experiences although the MPG I was getting was miles better! The brunt of my issues came when I asked PSA for compensation due to the fact I'd been without my car for a month, granted they gave me a courtesy car but I paid X amount for my car, not X-10k.

PSA said they'd honor the compensation claim by allowing me to choose something out of their catalogues. I bought something out of the rally catalogue, sent the invoice to PSA and was told politely to fuck off as they had recently found out the car had been modified (through this forum). So I was left ~300 out of pocket, had to drive a C1 for a month and then took the car back again a few months later to add a preventative measure for the engine blowing again.

I appreciate they're doing a recall but I don't honestly think this is in the clients best interest.

As I've always said. Citroen know there's an inherent fault with the THP engines, this is just their way of covering their backs when another goes pop and they have another 2 DS3R's rejected and god knows how many DSports.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thing is bout the recall- youre damned if you do- and damned if you dont
        They will do the job at next service anyway
        And if you refuse they will void the warranty anyways- simples
        So best get it done and hope they know what they are doing
        Alls been good for me so far
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Are they only THPs that are going in? Anyone got an oil burner going in- or non THP petrol?
          And if the latest (THP 155s) are not going in- must assume they already have the mod, and its cased no problem
          Mine in Friday
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            Thing is bout the recall- youre damned if you do- and damned if you dont
            They will do the job at next service anyway
            And if you refuse they will void the warranty anyways- simples
            So best get it done and hope they know what they are doing
            Alls been good for me so far
            CBLUE
            Not true. Just ask them not to apply any updates to the ECU when you take the car in. That's what I've done for my services and warranty work in the past.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

OK- Could say to Citroen dont upgrade
              Whilst sceptical and theres been no issues, surely the upgrade is for a good reason, and should have a positive impact?
              I mean they built the car- they should know how it works. So surely it should benefit?
              (Am talking myself into it- although I do have a cunning plan)
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Would someone give me the letter code for this recall, I couldn't find the right OB for it.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

"operation reference MRC" is what my letter sez
                  Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

well, mine was done yesterday but I couldn't get any details from the mechs - I suspect they don't know what the changes are.

Have I noticed any difference?

Well the idling wasn't as smooth afterwards, with the revs slightly rising and falling but that may be a temporary feature as the learning process is gone through.

The engine pulls very strongly and smoothly right through the rev range, much as it did before. I could convince myself that it's just a wee bit nicer but.........................
                    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Yup!

just got the letter also in the post yesterday....

she's going in next thursday to have it done.
                      Hope it wont hurt her
                      Citroën DS3 DSport THP 150 Sport yellow / Black roof

Comment

Went in today as planned for my "Half hour" job at 9am
                        They told me they didnt know what the upgrade was for but would produce better MPG!
                        They then said they needed vehicle for several hours as they only did their first one yesterday- me replied only got an hour off work
                        Reason is that the engine needs to be cold and they have to wait
                        So have had to book in, on my day off on Monday for 3 hours. Why they couldnt have rung me yesterday is beyond me
                        Wasted 2 hours off work on that this morning
                        Not their fault the job takes that long I suppose
                        CBLUE
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I can't see why the engine would need to be cold just to apply an update to the ECU? They're not going anywhere near the engine.
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

You tell me? Mebes something to do with a temperature sensor recalibration?
                            Just a guess
                            Thatd stop certian warning lights coming on?
                            CBLUE
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

i smell a rat. Come clean, Citroen!!!

Comment

Took two hours before I got mine back - no mention of cooling down, but they did have to run it afterwards until the cooling fan kicked in apparently

The idle speed has now stabilised

Comment

Working...
                                X