sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      HHHmmm- why dont they just explain
      Would keep more people on their side than this secret squirrell stuff
      CBLUE

Comment

went to citroen for software update and 4 new wheels today got the for 9 home for 10.30 with the same wheels on and no new update :| growing very frustrated now

wheels they had ordered are .......... silver :S not black like they took pictures of on the car. and it is first car they are doing update on so arent confident so want to leave it for another day :\

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
          it is first car they are doing update on so arent confident so want to leave it for another day :\
          Like leaving it for another day will miraculously give them the confidence to tackle it!!

That's really not good enough. The implication is that (i) they regard your time is valueless and (ii) they are utterly incompetent.

Comment

it is first car they are doing update on so arent confident so want to leave it for another day :\
            I got the impression that all they did to mine was connect it up via their Lexia III, which accessed the Citroen nerve centre and uploaded new software.

They claim that the new software is accessed via t'internet which can therefore take a while if there are loads of users on line at the same time. If this is the case then I expect that Citroen could also take some data from my car?
            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
              If this is the case then I expect that Citroen could also take some data from my car?
              No secrets from Mr Citroen! Big Brother (or should that be Grand Frère?) is watching you.

Comment

ive had my car in for a service and wen returned to pick it up big brother had printed off readout of my max speed , acceloration etc :\ tryin to tell me tht i shudnt b drivin at *cough* speed. hu they think they are im drivin not thn

Comment

ive had my car in for a service and wen returned to pick it up big brother had printed off readout of my max speed , acceloration etc :\ tryin to tell me tht i shudnt b drivin at *cough* speed. hu they think they are im drivin not thn
                  Thats a bit naff- you couldve been on a track, Autobahn, Dynamometer- anything
                  Cheeky sods
                  Change servicing dealer (Although I take it computer based records are open to all servicing dealers)
                  Wonder if we could ask for the information they hold on us under the Data Protection Act?
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Wonder if we could ask for the information they hold on us under the Data Protection Act?
                    CBLUE
                    Of course we can, that's what it's there for...

they are entitled to charge a small fee for doing so to cover their admin...
                    -- Gannet.
                    DS3 DSport THP150, Polar White, Carmen Red Roof...

Comment

Way- hay:confused:
                      Driving a DS3 Sport Red/ Black roof OIL CHUGGER (D,D,D,Diesel) today as a courtesy car
                      Havent a clue which one it is
                      First thing noticed was theres no "Lift reverse"
                      Now Ive been away from my THP for about an hour- but swear it has a lift reverse?
                      Insides not too impressive- sure its just a basic model- cloth seats aint a patch on THP cloth seats either
                      Surprised it does drive quite well, if you forget its trying to sound like a tractor
                      Wouldnt say nippy- but certainly goes when you press the pedal
                      CBLUE
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Driving a DS3 Sport Red/ Black roof OIL CHUGGER (D,D,D,Diesel) today as a courtesy car
                        Now Ive been away from my THP for about an hour- but swear it has a lift reverse?
                        Insides not too impressive- sure its just a basic model- cloth seats aint a patch on THP cloth seats either
                        Surprised it does drive quite well, if you forget its trying to sound like a tractor
                        CBLUE
                        Must be the 90. Suprised no liftreverse!
                        sigpic

Comment

Got the letter last week, phoned the dealer (after visiting the forum here to get the full skinny) and arranged the appointment for 1.30pm this afternoon. 30 minutes maybe an hour tops I was told.

So, today, after about 20 minutes I was informed they couldn't do it after all, not in the time specified, as the engine temperature needed to be 30 degrees or less for the software to work, of course mine was 90 degrees odd, having just driven there, so it would take some time before it was ready for them to do the work.

So I have re-booked for the 23rd as that's when they can provide a courtesy car - C3 diesel (that'll be interesting). I'll drop the car in the evening before so they've got it nice and cool from the get-go. I presume they haven't done this update before otherwise they'd have known this problem might arise, hopefully.

Slightly envious of Owd git's post (#60) where it didn't seem to be an issue. Ah well it gets one out of the house I suppose. Doh. Any opportunity to drive the DS3 is good.

Anyway I guess the point is, your dealer will probably not have done this before, and whilst maybe it does only take 30-60 minutes to do, all being well; but they seem to need the engine cool/cold, so unless you're just a few yards down the road from where it's done, be prepared for them to have it some time - get your lift/courtesy car sorted. Best o' luck fellow THP-ers. We happy band etc...

Comment

CBLUE
                            Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                            Must be the 90. Suprised no liftreverse!
                            Sounds like a DStyle, so 90 diesel and only 5 speed box so no lift up for reverse
                            DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rowly View Post
                              Got the letter last week, phoned the dealer (after visiting the forum here to get the full skinny) and arranged the appointment for 1.30pm this afternoon. 30 minutes maybe an hour tops I was told.
                              So, today, after about 20 minutes I was informed they couldn't do it after all, not in the time specified, as the engine temperature needed to be 30 degrees or less for the software to work
                              Hi Rowly- obvoiusly you didnt read the thread enough for the "Full skinny" (Looks like I was more irritated at the time than you were LOL)
                              No worries- I dont read all of a thread half the time either- Ha!
                              All you say detailed in post "56"
                              Drooped mine off at 10am expecting a 1pm call as they indicated- got the call gone 4pm. Jees- sounds like a rough upgrade
                              They even admitted that as I hadnt had the (Incorrect illumination) problem it probably didnt matter

Asked about fitting a sports exhaust and they said so long as the emissions arent affected, then the warranty not affected, although they wont touch the new exhaust. My planning begins for an exhaust, after completing my initial plans
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Rowly- obvoiusly you didnt read the thread enough for the "Full skinny" (Looks like I was more irritated at the time than you were LOL)
                                No worries- I dont read all of a thread half the time either- Ha!
                                All you say detailed in post "56"
                                ... <snipped>
                                CBLUE
                                You understandably, made an assumption there. I did read all of the skinny that was available at the time which was Monday last week (6th) so that was probably up to post #48. Whilst I'm sure I've visited the forum since then, I'd already made the appointment by the time your post #56 was made. I think I'd seen that post but still the extra time involved for the required cooling down didn't really sink for me.

Not that would make much odds, it needs to be done (allegedly). Either way it seems the dealers that haven't done this particular task before don't know about the engine needing to be cool and therefore the overall time they need the vehicle is longer than the 30 minutes - 1 hour for the actual work. So just wanted to point that out to others who have to go down this route, and reinforce it to those who may have read the thread like myself and hadn't registered more time would be needed, courtesy car etc.

Best of luck with your exhaust btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X