No announcement yet.

Servicing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took my car (thp) model for the 1st annual service in my local citroen dealer. I am not using my car a lot (usually during weekends) and it only had 4,200km on it (around 2500miles), what they did for the annual service was to change oil+filter, and an optical inspection of the car, they also charge me 150 euros (around 120GBP) which i found a bit expensive. They also attached a 'service reminder note' for the next service at 20,000km...something that i found abit odd so i gave them a call..I told them that it might take me around 3 years to reach the 20,000km mark and i don't think its a good idea to keep some parts for 3 years in my car such as the cabin air filter, air filter, brake fluid etc. I also complained that the service was expensive for just an oil and filter change and an optical check..They replied by saying that i was right and i should bring the car in for service once a year or every 20,000km which ever comes first. About the price they told me there a lot of things that need to be checked for the first service that's the reason for the price..(am not sure though what 'a lot of things need to be checked' meant)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack. View Post
      Just had my THP in for it's annual service at 9700 miles even though it should be 2 years or 20,000, they checked it over and changed the oil and filter for £99. It seems expensive but the stamp in the book will be worth more than the £99 when I come to sell or part exchange.

I thought the diesels had to be serviced every year to maintain the warranty?

The book says 12,500 miles or 2 years and the citroen webby says the same along with "If your vehicle is on a 2 year service schedule, we do strongly recommend an Annual Service on the alternate years where a scheduled service is not due".
      My dealer also said the same including strongly recommending the annual service :rolleyes: but £160 is a bit much imo
      Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

Lol! The good old servicing minefield!

This is one of the reasons that the Network and Citroen agreed that all new Citroen's from July will have an annual servicing schedule.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
        X