Annoying rattle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying rattle...

So, I've now taken my DS3 in three times due to a rattling noise near the central window column, basically in my ear whenever I'm driving. It's been lubed round the door seals (no help) and had a new seatbelt reel, which worked for about a week (although that could be lack of use that made it seem that long!)

The most recent time was a small adjustment which Citroen had instructed them to do near the anchoring point on my left hand side, near the fastener. Surprisingly enough that made nil difference. So after finally being told by the same mechanic at my local garage that he couldn't hear anything, I got him to lay in the back and listen while I drove. Now he admits that there is noise and it sounds like it could be wiring next to the rear driver's side passenger panel, which will take ANOTHER day without my car... On the upside, I think I scared him while I ragged it round the roundabout near the dealership, as I was that bl00dy angry!

Has anyone else had dealings with the helpful(!) bunch at Evans Halshaw Doncaster?

Originally posted by mushet-photo View Post
    Now he admits that there is noise and it sounds like it could be wiring next to the rear driver's side passenger panel, which will take ANOTHER day without my car...
    Those panels take less than a couple of minutes to get into. Have you not thought about having a quick look yourself?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Check to make sure that the rear seats are in the locked position, the travel of sound would make it sound like it's close to your ear. Also check where their seat belts are resting too.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Had a similar rattle and transpired that the rear parcel shelf and popped out of its mountings attached to the rear seats
        sigpic

Comment

You're describing exactly what I had - the dealer was great, they couldn't even here it - I think it was actually in the rear of the car. A friend who is in a choir (i.e. very good ear) could hear it back then. After lots of effort it has gone away, occasionally making the odd guest 'appearance'!

I do get the seperate seat buckle squeak sometimes, but know if I just put my left hand down and wiggle the anchor it will go away!

I have also concluded that the DS3 is just a bit noisier than the Audi/Seats I have come from. I drove my Mum's VW the other week and couldn't believe how quiet it was, but I never noticed that on all her previous ones - conclusion the Citreon is just a bit noisier! But I've got it under control!

Regards,
          Clive.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

i got noise from passenger side rear but sounds like its inside speaker panel or behind it. bloddy rattle which gets annoyin but cba to get it done cas they want car for 2 years while im paying for it and then as above say theres no noise

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
              i got noise from passenger side rear but sounds like its inside speaker panel or behind it.
              I had that. It was fixed under warranty - I think they fitted modified retaining clips.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                Those panels take less than a couple of minutes to get into. Have you not thought about having a quick look yourself?
                I had thought of that, but why should I when it's all covered by the warranty? Saying that, wish I'd asked on here how to do that in the first place and not bothered with the clowns!

Comment

Originally posted by mushet-photo View Post
                  I had thought of that, but why should I when it's all covered by the warranty?
                  Because it saves you the hassle of being without the car for a couple of hours.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

air vents

Never suffered with any rattles till now
                    Have dealt with sat nav holder, and coat hangar on headrest removed
                    All bits and pieces in compartments and centre console removed, but still working on my rattles
                    It may be coming from loose air vent fins
                    Anyone know how you remove RHS of steering wheel vent and reset the fins? - rattle could be that
                    Or I'm condemned to driving 30mph or below till rattles discovered:mad:
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                      Because it saves you the hassle of being without the car for a couple of hours.
                      Agree, just a process of taking everything out of the car that you have put in and if you can solve it yourself all the better. If you know what it is and it has to or needs to be fixed under warranty at least you can pin point it and it helps all parties concerned to get it fixed asap. No good going into the garage and saying I think it maybe this or it is coming from.

Took mine into Slow Fit yesterday as I found a nail in my tyre. Pinpointed it before I took her in case the head came off on the way to the garage and it had. All fixed in 20 mins and £22.50 spent. Puncture repaired.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                        ...Took mine into Slow Fit yesterday as I found a nail in my tyre. Pinpointed it before I took her in case the head came off on the way to the garage and it had. All fixed in 20 mins and £22.50 spent. Puncture repaired.
                        Damn rattles, eh!

Blimey AJ, my local place is a fiver for a puncture repair and it has the best balancing machine ........!
                        They are a local place though, I'm sure my local Kwik Fit or co would want the £22.50 plus!

Regards,
                        Clive.
                        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Thought it was good value considering I had the same problem with the Leon and was charged £30 by HiQ

Was a little concerned when he stuck drill in tyre to make it bigger so he could fit the plug on the inside
                          sigpic

Comment

I had an annoying rattle in my DS3 somewhere in the driver side window/door. The dealer investigated it a couple of days (!) and found that 1) the power window mechanism was making a sound and 2) the outer plastic side skirt that goes from rear fender to the front mudflap had one of its retaining clips broken so it rattled against the body. All this luckily under warranty.

Now it seems that my seatbelt lock is making a squeaking noise and when touched, silence. Weird... Also almost unaudible rattle coming from somewhere around the backseat/speaker panel...

Comment

Have used search button- came up with this thread
                              Got a rattle on the dashboard display odo/speedometer
                              Press the LHS hard (Left hand half circle) and the vibration/rattle goes

So- Do I pad that out with paper or something or do you remove it and pad the fixings out
                              Is there a thread anywhere that tells you how to do it?
                              Thanks in advance
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X