No announcement yet.

overheating, wont run in the mornings, and total water loss every month or two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you take it to an alternative Citroen dealer ? I would if it were me...
    sigpic

Comment

Hi All,

11 months old and nearly 13k had her in for the first breakdown. Overheating, 3 to 4 litres of water getting to work and back. loss of power, then cutting out to a coast.

In all fairness, Citroën in Romford were good. sorted me a car whilst they looked at it and I hadn't even booked it in.

2 days later diagnosis was a split coolant pipe and failed fuel pump so they replaced both under W.

Sanity check though.. Since I had the car back there is a hot rubber/smokey smell coming from the engine bay. More the zero miles engine smell rather then the wiff of a track day car. I just noticed this morning white residue on the top and round the cap and 'blue' liquid in the water bottle..??

To confirm I'm not confusing the screen wash.

Now your MIN/MAX water bottle does NOT require BLUE liquid of any kind right?!

Thought I'd ask before I call Citroën.

Cheers
      Lee
      DSTYLE+ S/S Ink Blue | White | Aphrodite Rims | LED Xenons

Comment

I am not sure of what color antifreeze PSA specifies. There is a blue color antifreeze, nowadays it comes in every colour of the rainbow it seems. The colors usually indicates the type of antifreeze and what additives are in it.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It has always been clear in colour. Still need to get to the bottom of the smell.

As I mentioned before the smell is familiar to that of new parts so could be the pipe they replaced getting hot. I guess I'll know in a week or 2 when the pipe has settled.
          DSTYLE+ S/S Ink Blue | White | Aphrodite Rims | LED Xenons

Comment

All ds3 from 2011/12 had a recall get yourself down the dealer

Comment

Welcome to the forum, unfortunately the last response here was a few months back and before that the post/problems listed were from 2013
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X