No announcement yet.

New car quires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll be pretty cautious walking past minis now!

Fabian did they say what they did to straighten it?

Comment

I can't believe that a dealer would say that a car automatically veering to the left is a safety feature. What planet do they live on! I tell you something, if my local dealer told me that news I would just laugh in their faces for being so patronising and NEVER ever go back there as I see this as a complete reflection of their dishonest nature. I used to be a parts manager for a motorbike chain and I would never ever dream of lying to somebody like that. I hate people that lie blatantly for financial gain or to fob somebody off....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Back to the issue,

I would check failure of bushes (have you hit a kerb or anything?)
      Top mount failure causing camber problems that may translate into a slight wonkey steering wheel.
      If the tracking is not out then what they need to do is to adjust the tracking arms on both sides to move the angle of the wheel. Its just a slight build mistake that doesnt effect the cars running but takes a hour or so to put right that the dealer wont get a penny for.

Comment

Originally posted by X_DrN View Post
        I think I'll be pretty cautious walking past minis now!

Fabian did they say what they did to straighten it?
        Yes, they aligned the wheels again (is that proper english??)
        DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
          ...(is that proper english??)
          Don't think that matters on here! Some of the 'natives' have trouble with their English as well!!

(must say I do hate 'Text Speech' on forums, or maybe it's because I'm getting old...?)
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I would wholeheatedly agree with Big's comment about text speak on forum posts, in "chat" I guess its acceptable, but for forum posts proper words and sentences please.

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
              in "chat" I guess its acceptable, but for forum posts proper words and sentences please.
              +1

Comment

Working...
              X