No announcement yet.

Braking rubbing noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah when i brake hard it goes like a heavy machine coming to silence, quite like it xD i guess they need replacement I've got 35000km but they don't grint on metal yet, i thing it has something to do with the filthy roads to...
    MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

The rub noise is quiet normal and as it's been mentioned tends to happen over night when moisture settles on the discs and pads. Nothing to worry about.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yeh, I've noticed my handbrake sticking first thing on a morning the last few days...
        Thuds as you first pull away...

Bring on the warmer weather

Comment

I had the clunk from the brakes releasing once the handbrake was off as well, no other concerns and assumed that it was the heat of the brakes when applied combining with the damp air we've had recently.
          sigpic

Comment

Driving with both brake and accelerator pedals applied, sorts it quicker. Takes a bit of nerve tho LOL

PS - just planted 3 cider trees my new back garden. Hertfordshire Red Streak, Dabinett, and D'arcy spice. All good cider trees. Start bearing fruit 3 years, full whack 6 years. Yer all invited to a BBQ with home made cider! (Used to make my own strong home brew beer ;-)
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks all for your comments.

Just got back from dealer all brakes ok and normal that's just the noise they make especially re the weather at the mo as some of you have said. At least got em checked n all ok n safe AND they washed the bloody car for me!! No charge. Tates in portslade brighton great service.

Chris I'm there mate ill bring the jaques!!! Thx for the invite!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                Thanks all for your comments.

Just got back from dealer all brakes ok and normal that's just the noise they make especially re the weather at the mo as some of you have said. At least got em checked n all ok n safe AND they washed the bloody car for me!! No charge. Tates in portslade brighton great service.

Chris I'm there mate ill bring the jaques!!! Thx for the invite!
                Hope they did not use a chamie
                sigpic

Comment

Just had my brakes looked at for rubbing noise and handbrake release clunk. Turns out Citroen assembled sliders dry and were sticking so hence the pads were glazing. Wheel nuts were also dry. Not great really and I'm told all Citroens are assembled like this. It seems to be sorted now.
                  Martin's School of Motoring - Driving you to success
                  http://www.msm-shropshire.co.uk

Comment

Thx msm good news all round then.

I use a chamois aj Wots wrong with using them? I get s Gd finish.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                      Thx msm good news all round then.

I use a chamois aj Wots wrong with using them? I get s Gd finish.
                      ahhhhh :O oh god if clivep sees you saying that u`ll be hung drawn and quatered

Comment

Yep- I like a Chammy too- always check there's no grit
                        CBLUE
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                        X