No announcement yet.

parking lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea if they stay on till switched off or if (as I suspect) they cut out when the Eco mode kicks in, best thing that I can suggest is try the parking lights when it doesn't matter and see what happens. I agree that it's important to know what is likely to happen (or should that be what will happen).
    One problem as I see it is that say you parked your car with the parking lights on and then left it for a few days, result would be a flat battery and assistance needed to get car started.

Comment

They will operate with the car in economy mode,but I suspect that they will only stay on for 30 minutes.

Comment

Citroen UK have just phoned me, in response to my email enquiry about parking lights, to tell me the DS3 is not designed to allow parking lights to be left on AND THAT THIS IS NOT A LEGAL REQUIREMENT!

The caller was quite surprised when I told him this forum (Owd git) had worked out how to leave the parking lights on and that the Highway Code did required the ability to leave parking lights on when parking on or beside certain roads.

The caller insisted the DS3 complied with all current European legislation?

Comment

]It would appear the DS3 doesn't European Regulations, here are some relavant extracts for lighting that should apply to European vehicles

E/ECE/324
          E/ECE/TRANS/505 } Rev.1/Add.47/Rev.6
          Regulation No. 48

1. SCOPE
          This Regulation applies to vehicles of categories M, N, and to their trailers
          (category O) 1/ with regard to the installation of lighting and light-signalling
          devices.

6.12. PARKING LAMP (Regulation No. 77 or 7)

6.12.7. Electrical connections
          The connection shall allow the parking lamp(s) on the same side of the vehicle to be lit independently of any other lamps.
          The parking lamp(s) and, if applicable, the front and rear position lamps according to paragraph 6.12.9. below, shall be able to operate even if the device which starts the engine is in a position which makes it impossible for the engine to operate.
          A device which automatically deactivates these lamps as a function of time is prohibited.

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
            One problem as I see it is that say you parked your car with the parking lights on and then left it for a few days, result would be a flat battery and assistance needed to get car started.
            just like the old days!

However each lamp is what - 6 watts? So that's 24 watts total = 2 amps. Leave them on overnight for say 10 hours = 20 amp hours which is less than a third of the capacity of the battery I would guess. Probably would be enough left to start the engine.

Oops forgot the number plate and instrument panel lights.....but you get the idea!
            Last edited by Owd git; 16-11-2010, 07:52.
            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

i just copied this extract below from the Citroen C4 handbook - why could Citroen not have put this in the DS3 handbook?

"Switching off of the lamps when
              the ignition is switched off
              On switching off the ignition, all of the
              lamps turn off immediately, except
              for dipped beam if guide-me-home
              lighting is activated.
              Switching on the lamps after
              the ignition is switched off
              To reactivate the lighting control, rotate
              ring A to the "0" position - lamps
              off, then to the desired position.
              On opening the driver’s door a
              temporary audible signal warns the
              driver that the lighting is on.
              The lamps, with the exception of
              the sidelamps, switch off automatically
              after a maximum duration of
              thirty minutes to prevent discharging
              of the battery."

Comment

Guys, I know this is an old thread but if you are still annoyed by the Economy Mode switching everything off after 10 mins or so and don't fancy getting an on the spot fine from the fuzz for sitting a running car for a prolonged period of time then please read below:

Citroen UK have kept my case open and are escalating it at my request but the impression I got was that they don't see it as worthwhile due to the fact that I am the only one with an issue. Thus, they need to hear from anyone who is finding Economy Mode irritating or problematic, so guys please email: cuk_contactcentre@citroen.com with a small explanation of the problem and hopefully if enough people complain then they will sort it!

Incidentally there must be lots of people with C3's and C4's that do this, so if any of you are on one of those forums can you please get the members there to email too?
                DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
                Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

Ditto that. But my house outside light is motion activated,
                  ps What's a street lamp
                  Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Nick View Post
                    ...don't fancy getting an on the spot fine from the fuzz for sitting a running car for a prolonged period of time...
                    Never heard of that happening? There was one guy who was fined for leaving his car running on the street defrosting while he was inside his house.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yes you're right... it is illegal to leave it running unattended but I thought I heard somewhere that people were getting on the spot fines for "eco crimes" and have been done for leaving the car running whilst parked up. I can't find reference to it anywhere but it is floating about in my head somewhere!

Wether it's using the parking lights or the stereo or whatever I just feel that Citroen shouldn't dictate to me when I have to stop using the car for fear of draining the battery! The fact that even with an old battery the size of the one in the DS3 like most modern cars, I could run a stereo, interior light, various electrical goodies for hours and still start the car but Citroen think that for "Eco friendly" reasons I should start the engine and burn some expensive Diesel!
                      DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
                      Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

so.... can you not leave side lights on then?
                        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                        Third time around.
                        Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                          so.... can you not leave side lights on then?
                          >.<

I Hate You

Comment

What -.-
                            sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                            Third time around.
                            Work in Progress

Comment

Working...
                            X