engine managerment propblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine managerment propblem

Hi all was on my way to work when the all mighty of god of problems hit my baby ds3 i changed up a gear not boy racer style and heard a massive clunk then the service and engine mangerment light flashed up took it to citroen this morning at 7.30 they couldnt be arse to help me like so i got to take it back at 12 or 4 when some 1 can help me bad crack on there side like. rant over any ways does any one know what the problem could be.

Originally posted by dannyboy88 View Post
    Hi all was on my way to work when the all mighty of god of problems hit my baby ds3 i changed up a gear not boy racer style and heard a massive clunk then the service and engine mangerment light flashed up took it to citroen this morning at 7.30 they couldnt be arse to help me like so i got to take it back at 12 or 4 when some 1 can help me bad crack on there side like. rant over any ways does any one know what the problem could be.
    Sounds like you have a fault with your engine.

You should get a mechanic to look at it.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

well its still drivable i can get all my gears and the diesel turbo still spolls up so its clueless

Comment

Have you considered that the dealer may be busy with people that, you know, made appointments? and those customers might be a little upset if the mechanics just dropped everything to run out to your car (because you know, they had appointments) Think you should be happy they are able to fit you in today at all!
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

when they got 6 bays 3 of them getting used and normaily they have no work on i was there a few weeks ago for the service and again 3 of the 6 bays were used the rest where playing football yea right

Comment

when they got 6 bays 3 of them getting used and normaily they have no work on i was there a few weeks ago for the service and again 3 of the 6 bays were used the rest where playing football yea right
            You do know there are other Citroen dealerships you could visit?

Ever consider the mechanics may have been on lunch?

Edit: You might have got some sympathy if you didn't type things in one long sentence.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post

Mechanics get lunch??? FFS what next?

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post

Or sick or doing a thousand other things that always need to be done that are not visible. You say yourself the car is still drivable so whats the emergency.

Comment

at 3 pm lol i am just unhappy coz its my life line when i had previous cars that failed me for example ford they take it in and repair it if they couldnt i get offered a car even if all there curtorsiy cars are out same with vauxhall and fiat.

Comment

at 3 pm lol i am just unhappy coz its my life line when i had previous cars that failed me for example ford they take it in and repair it if they couldnt i get offered a car even if all there curtorsiy cars are out same with vauxhall and fiat.
                    Yes often had my lunch break even later than that when trying to get the customers equipment back to them.

Comment

First off, no offense, but please take the time to use proper punctuation as it makes reading your issue much more easier.

From the sounds of it the problem may be with the gearbox, the Engine/Service light form part of the 'Do all drama' warning but don't always point to the ECU as at fault. Was the 'clunk' from the centre of the car or more to the front?

Good to hear that your local agent is able to squeeze you in on short notice. As it's been mentioned most garages operate on a appointment basis, that way it helps to avoid jobs over lapping into the next appointment slot.

Please keep us posted about your dealers findings.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

it was hard to say where it came from as i was on a busy round about. Secondly i am sorry if you couldnt understand but i have strong dyslexia so its hard to put it in the right way round.

Comment

it was hard to say where it came from as i was on a busy round about. Secondly i am sorry if you couldnt understand but i have strong dyslexia so its hard to put it in the right way round.
                          No worries, it's one thing us 'oldies' hate more than anything else is 'txt' speak!

I was having another thought about your problem and was wondering if the clunk you heard was the exhaust rather then the gearbox....
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Car at citroen now awaiting a responce 4 hours here i come

Comment

Car at citroen now awaiting a responce 4 hours here i come
                              Four hours to fully investigate an issue that the client described as "a loud clunk when changing gear" isn't that bad..
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X