No announcement yet.

Lane changer signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They will need to deal with it sooner or later as it's becoming more and more common. Better with you in the car than them freaking out on there own.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

hi ds3adi thanks for that will try it next time im out.
      DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

hi janey welcome
        DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Very true

Comment

I teach people not to just signal by rote. I want them to make effective observations, and correctly assess whether what they intend to do will affect other road users, and then not to use a signal if nobody else is going to be affected. This applies specifically to lane changing and moving off or stopping, by the way. Turning at a junction or roundabout should involve an appropriate signal, as you can't necessarily see what's going to arrive at the situation perhaps from a sideroad or something. Signalling does not confer the right to act, yet I see people using the signal as an excuse to force their way into a lane almost daily. Nor does it keep you safe. If you slam on at an amber light, the fact that your brake lights have come on doesn't mean the lorry behind you isn't going to smash into the back of you. It's knowing what's going on around you that allows you to make the correct decisions and drive in a way that doesn't cause problems for other road users, not automatically and thoughtlessly indicating.

Comment

So you teach people NOT to use there indicators? Dumb.

Comment

I teach them to look properly and to use a signal if what they intend to do will affect other road users.

I too have a real problem with the lane change signal function. As an instructor, I find it a dangerous distraction.

Comment

Just cause you do not see someone does not mean they can not see you.

Comment

How hard can it be to use? :|
                    DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

I can't believe that this is an issue, for those wishing to thank other drivers for letting them out etc most seem to use their hazards lights, which whilst not ideal and not their proper use is no different to using the indicators...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                        They annoy me as it makes it hard to thank drivers behind with the one flash each side cortesy.
                        How about a nice wave of the hand or as I do a 'thumbs up'

In the dark you can just flash the hazards, most people will understand the gesture you are trying to make.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

That's what I do Biggie
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X