ESP/ASR Fault - 110 eHDI DSport+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP/ASR Fault - 110 eHDI DSport+

This morning when I pulled out of my road my DS3 appeared for a second or two to have no power (this returned with 100m of driving), as I proceeded down the road the car beeped and displayed the 'ESP/ASR Fault' - Engine repair needed message

I drove carefully to the Citroen Dealer and they took it straight in for a check up, after running diagnosis in the workshop I was told that the electro-valve to the turbo was faulty, it appears to be sticking and allowing an incorrect boost into the turbo ?

Luckily the dealer had the same issue recently with a Citroen van and advised that Citroen are aware that there is a small issue with these valves on certain engine/turbo fitments. Anyway they reset the warning log, took it for a test drive and brought it back to me, confirming it was ok to drive even if the fault light came back on.

They have just ordered a new electro-valve and turbo pipe and are hoping it will arrive on Thursday for fitment either then or on Friday.

I was concerned that the fault may be related to the diesel regeneration cycle (which was running yesterday when I got to work but even after leaving it for 5mins on idle it showed no signs of stopping) but the nice Tech guy said that turning the cycle off before it finishes isn't an issue as I do a lot of miles it would restart and complete on another drive.

Will update later in the week after the replacement parts are fitted.
    sigpic

Good to hear that your dealer is efficient to get your problem sorted quickly
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hey

Yeah I really can't fault them mate, so far the two issues (first was the stereo head unit freezing) have all been dealt with quickly and with minimum fuss. The Technician is also very good and happy to explain the faults and what they are doing to fix them too....

Just need it to behave for my trip to Luton at 5:30am tomorrow now
      sigpic

Comment

Good news on a speedy fix - where is this nice dealership

Comment

Well there's the problem then, you must have mentioned that you were going to Luton, your DS overheard you and is now sulking
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

That light is constantly on in my car lol

Comment

@ Biggie - I didn't realise my DS3 was a snob !

@ ozza - it's Tates in Crawley.
              sigpic

Comment

Still curious how a turbo electro-valve problem causes the stability and traction control light to come on?

It is good that the dealer got right on it for you.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I asked about that too cyclone, it appears that the ESP/ASR warning light isn't just linked to the stability and traction control systems, the explanation is that it was activated due to the faulty readings caused by the electro-valve.....

Who knows in all honesty, they appear to know what it is so I will keep my fingers crossed the new valve and turbo pipe sort it.
                  Last edited by lfcrule1972; 24-04-2013, 06:10.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                    @ Biggie - I didn't realise my DS3 was a snob !

@ ozza - it's Tates in Crawley.
                    Thanks for that info. Worthing is my local dealership but not had any need to use them so far.. cheers.

Comment

Anything can be linked to anything. Mine had the throttle valve frozen and the symptom was engine radiator fan and a/c fan running at full power :snowy0:

Comment

I had a similar problem with my DS3 1.6 DSport HDI 110, I was stationery in a queue of traffic when it came on with a beep but no message. It stayed on until I stopped after a couple of miles, turned the ignition off and when I switched it back on it had reset. The garage said it was just a blip due to the snowy weather but I took it in and one of the valves was sticking open so they did a software update.

I find the car much more twitchy in the snow than my old Corsa which didn't have the safety gizmos so may well turn the light on in the snow in future !

Comment

I had this exact issue about 6 weeks ago, after a first attempt and some nagging & photo's the dealer investigated and fixed the issue. And also claimed it was the turbo valve.
                          In the past 6 weeks I've covered another 3000+ miles, and the issue happened again today!
                          2 questions.
                          This is a lease car which I was planning to buy at the end of the lease, if I have this issue again & again what happens after the warranty lapses at the end of year 3?
                          Also, I can drive a little hard, will driving style accelerate the failure?

B

Comment

My dealer was going to replace the turbo valve and the turbo pipe, did your dealer do both replacements ? No issues on my new DS3 so can't really comment, apparently Citroen are aware of the problem though
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll ask excactly what was done last time.
                              I wionder what the expected life of these parts is?

Comment

Working...
                              X