Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
    recon a mapped derv 110 will pull better then a thp
    Not sure- 155 Brake Horse Power, don't think even a remapped 115Brake Horse diesel would get near that
    Torque- maybe
    But remap a THP and a diesel wouldn't come anywhere close to the Brake or Torque

Sorry to hijack the post Dan- hope yours gets better- report back for us
    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 25-05-2013, 21:32.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

110/115 remapped goes to about 140 bhp, do the dpf filter bypass for another 10 bhp, maybe a flat air panel filter for 6 bhp, its pretty close, and the engine isnt stressed as much as its low down power. but im a noob, so I may be wrong

Sounds like these THP are a load of crap, what other cars are the engines in ?
      Last edited by R1K SU; 25-05-2013, 22:28.

Comment

Without a remap, the Diesel engine will not get close to a THP
        Removing the DPF is the same as replacing the Cat converter on a THP, to a Sports converter (Will add 8-10 BHP on a THP)
        Panel filters do little other than increase air flow and better burn of fuel as more oxygen from what Ive been told

Now torque may be a different story, as its how quick it gets to top end, rather than the top end itself
        But still reckon a THP will always win, if like for like mods are carried out

Just my opinion obviuosly
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

You get to the bottom of this Dan?
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sorry Chris been having a darn good weekend in the sun! It was in on Friday but they weren't sure what the problem was and i needed the car back to take myself to the gym and my girlfriend to work.. And not to mention Nando's. Its back in again this Friday and i'll probably leave it with them and take the girlfriends car around. My friend who's back from Uni also pointed out that there's an odd clicking noise coming from the right of the engine block which I've asked them to look at too..

>with reference to THP VS. E-HDi the THP i'm fairly sure would always have it off the line? but i'm not sure about mid gear pull. Sometimes the THP likes to think about it.

Comment

Ive had the clicking noise with both my 150 and the 155 so it don't bother me anymore- think its a usual engine sound trait
              its not the timing
              report back - hope all goes well (You modded much?)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Not really did have a K&N panel filter but it wasn't in very long. My friends 207 GTi doesn't have the clicking noise but he has had a fair few things replaced. A couple of coil packs and a BMW tensioner etc.

Comment

Hey Dan .. I have the exact same problem for a long time now .. please tell me what happens with u !!! .. the clicking noise and the sudden loss of power is really annoying and scarring me !! and also the smell of petrol every now and then .. i don't drive my car hard anymore .. I'm afraid that it could get worse
                  Last edited by Fooda; 11-06-2013, 20:27.

Comment

Sounds like mine.

She wasn't running rough when it was cold, but she did judder and seem like she was loosing power for a couple of seconds
                    Nothing turned up on the computer when they checked, but the last time her engine light came on I had her picked up and they drove her in. She was making all kind of noises and her fan was going crazy. Apperantly my fuel pump was broken.
                    After they replaced that she seem to be fine.
                    Citroën DS3 DSport THP 150 Sport yellow / Black roof

Comment

Originally posted by skylaq View Post
                      Sounds like mine.

She wasn't running rough when it was cold, but she did judder and seem like she was loosing power for a couple of seconds
                      Nothing turned up on the computer when they checked, but the last time her engine light came on I had her picked up and they drove her in. She was making all kind of noises and her fan was going crazy. Apperantly my fuel pump was broken.
                      After they replaced that she seem to be fine.
                      Another one lol
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Haven't had a chance to get them to look at it yet as I've been away for a few weeks and may be heading off to glasto this weekend so will be skint.. :P All I know is that in the 3 week I've been away my cars munched through a healthy amount of engine coolant. (A couple of centimetres worth as you look at the pod style container. Not sure what fluid quantity though.) Topped it up and going to keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X