No announcement yet.

Wheel Squeel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pads did you use? It could just be a characteristic of the friction material.

Comment

I used some of these:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ci...aa21599&000036

Fitted them months ago though and they've been fine ever since! It seems like the it squeals or starts squealing when turning right :/ :confused:

Comment

I'm not v good at diagnosing faults but wondered if it might be a wheel bearing ? Had one of these go way back on an old car and think that may have squeaked...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by x6411 View Post

It seems like the it squeals or starts squealing when turning right :/ :confused:
          And with this important piece of info it leads away from the brakes toward as he said, the wheel bearings.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            I'm not v good at diagnosing faults but wondered if it might be a wheel bearing ? Had one of these go way back on an old car and think that may have squeaked...
            Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            And with this important piece of info it leads away from the brakes toward as he said, the wheel bearings.
            Yeah, didn't realise this was the case until I went for a test drive after I'd checked the pins.. Thought it was fixed until I turned a right corner and it started to squeal again...

I mentioned in my original post that I thought it could be the bearings, but thought with the squeal stopping when I press the breaks lightly that it must have been the brakes

Would bearings be covered under warranty? or classed as wear & tear? Surely they shouldn't go so soon?

Comment

Working...
            X