DS3 Racing engine issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Racing engine issue

Well it's seems it's my turn now, I have started getting the dreaded super knock.

It's been in to Citroen and they have confirmed I have heavy carbonisation of the bores and are going to flush the engine through with a Teflon aerosol spray.

Gutted, as we all know how this is likely to end, and treating the symptom is not sorting out the actual problem.

Originally posted by Fuds View Post
    Well it's seems it's my turn now, I have started getting the dreaded super knock.

It's been in to Citroen and they have confirmed I have heavy carbonisation of the bores and are going to flush the engine through with a Teflon aerosol spray.

Gutted, as we all know how this is likely to end, and treating the symptom is not sorting out the actual problem.
    Sorry to hear...
    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
    sigpic

Comment

Oh no, sorry to hear that.....
      sigpic

Comment

Hi sorry to hear that not another one hope you get it sorted
        DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Hope it goes well Fuds- don't give up yet
          What fuel can I ask?
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

If its not got a catch fitted then that mug of oil water and mayo is going in the engine every 500 miles its got to be that it's not helping put it like that with the catch can and all the other mods I have had done I can not do any more to help the problem.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Bleu View Post
              Hope it goes well Fuds- don't give up yet
              What fuel can I ask?
              Hi Chris, Sainsburys Momento 98/99 Ron I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ds3r View Post
                If its not got a catch fitted then that mug of oil water and mayo is going in the engine every 500 miles its got to be that it's not helping put it like that with the catch can and all the other mods I have had done I can not do any more to help the problem.
                I would fit an oil catch can and do the PCV delete but Citroen would then scream foul play and not do any work under warranty.

Comment

I would fit an oil catch can and do the PCV delete but Citroen would then scream foul play and not do any work under warranty.
                  I did it yesterday and noticed immediately less hesitation... though I have no warranty anyways.
                  ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                  sigpic

Comment

OK, so after fitting the PCV delete and the OCC you directly had a better drive?
                    DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Hi Chris, Sainsburys Momento 98/99 Ron I think.
                      You mean TESCO Momentum?
                      Just watered down with ethanol- was told not to bother with it by an engine tuner
                      But then they said V-Power SHELL, for performance
                      So have used BP Ultimate, for cleaning capabilithy, ever since and been happy!
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Bleu View Post
                        You mean TESCO Momentum?
                        Just watered down with ethanol- was told not to bother with it by an engine tuner
                        But then they said V-Power SHELL, for performance
                        So have used BP Ultimate, for cleaning capabilithy, ever since and been happy!
                        Yes sorry TESCOS

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
                          OK, so after fitting the PCV delete and the OCC you directly had a better drive?
                          Yes, I noticed less hesitation in hard acceleration. I am running E85 (~106RON).

sigpic

Comment

sorry to hear mate.

Comment

Hi Alex how's yours going good I hope.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X