No announcement yet.

DS3 2013 THP petrol turbo failure!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you except a different car to the one you ordered?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbart View Post
      Why would you except a different car to the one you ordered?
      "First the salesman ordered me the wrong model (DS Sport instead of the Sport Plus!), so after a heated discussion they put the necessary toys on to upgrade it."
      I imagine because he eventually got the same spec he wanted by the dealer upgrading his and it saved him having to wait for a new one to be sent from France.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Citroen are a horrible company to get anything done after sales. Don't let them drag you along, give them 3 attempts to fix it and then reject it! Don't let them drag you over the 6 months period as it'll become difficult to get all your money back.

I've just had to reject mine as they still couldn't fix my problems after 9 months! Even the MD of Citroen didn't help me

Comment

Don't be silly guys, the THPs are bullletproof...
          Now you're having a laugh...!!!??

Comment

Yeah he was
            sigpic

Comment

I didn't order the D Sport Tbart, it was the salesman who ordered it........You see, as I said on my earlier post, I ordered the D Sport Plus...??? The salesman just wasn't listening and turned out to be in inefficient "gentleman" who I wouldn't pay in washers!

Comment

[IIf the 'other' dealer is closer to home why didn't you buy the car through them insted][/I]

We got it from Wakefield because my hubby works there and he started the ball rolling, so it just went from there. Yes I am the policy holder (again this was sent to them as part of the free 7 day insurance) and yes Citroen had to write to DVlA as well - dont know why it wasn't highlighted before? Neither were my emails querying delivery dates etc on the Sport Plus..... I can only put it down to incompenent staff.... The strange thing was, I never signed an order form as it was all scribbled down on paper, which looking back was odd, especially as it was a special order. But when you keep pointing at a DSport Plus in show room and telling him that you want the same as that but in yellow, then its not rocket science, surely??

Comment

I've just heard from my local Citroen garage and they are having to replace the turbo!! The new turbo has apparently been updated also - so time will tell.
                  After running around in it pluged into the diagnostics for the last 3 days, the fault happened a few times.
                  Who was it who said they are bullet proof....???

Comment

Originally posted by bevdooler View Post
                    I've just heard from my local Citroen garage and they are having to replace the turbo!! The new turbo has apparently been updated also - so time will tell.
                    After running around in it pluged into the diagnostics for the last 3 days, the fault happened a few times.
                    Who was it who said they are bullet proof....???
                    Zack was being sarcastic.

THP's are renowned for having problems.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Aaah right....sorry I thought he was being serious.

I wish I'd done some research before, I wouldn't have bought one! Never mind.... :confused:

Comment

If you had not had any problems with your car you would have been telling us that you love the car.
                        You have been very unlucky with yours(I for one am very pleased with mine).
                        I hope you manage to get everything sorted to your satisfaction because I am sure that once it is
                        running correctly you will fall in love with it and remember why you bought it in the first place.
                        I also hope the new dealer is a lot more efficient in looking after you.

All the best Tbart

Comment

Well said TBart
                          Let us know Bev- report the good, as well as the bad
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

You sound a bit nervous Chris ? It's human nature that we only complain when things go wrong rather than work ad they should isn't it ?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              You sound a bit nervous Chris ? It's human nature that we only complain when things go wrong rather than work ad they should isn't it ?
                              Why should I be nervous LOL
                              Got 34 month warranty left me?

Its just strange when people complain then don't follow it up. I guess if its good, comments stop, and when bad they continue. Human nature or not would be nice to see some positive comments

My cars great!

BTW- What car/colour you get in replacement of your wrecked car? Photo?

Saying all this, I am interested into what happened to Bevs turbo as its such a new car, and I have a new one too
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                I've picked it up this morning (complete with new turbo) and it seems to be spot on... :cool:
                                I am keeping everything crossed that all my troubles are now behind me.

It is only human to complain I agree, which is a little sad I admit. On the plus side, the THP is a great machine to drive and the fondness and love I had towards it has now returned........long may it continue!!

Comment

Working...
                                X