Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant Loss

Hi Folks,
    I've got a 12 plate DS3 Sport+ (THP155) with 8,500 miles on the clock. I was driving the car on Sunday and got the dreaded Stop + temperature symbol warning:mad:. It cleared itself immediately and when I got home I checked the coolant level. The coolant header/expansion tank was empty. Interestingly the temperature gauge has stayed at its normal level whislt driving i.e. bang in the middle of the dial. I put about 1 litre of water in to get it back to between the min & max levels.
    There is no evidence of a leak when the car is sitting on the drive, but I noticed this morning when I was parking at work that there was a line of drips from under the engine compartment after I reversed into a space.
    Anyway, I let the car cool down and checked the coolant header tank and discovered that it had "lost" about an egg cup full of coolant. There has been no loss of performance from the car and it starts first time.
    Any ideas what this might be? A water pump issue?
    Last edited by Alimac; 17-07-2013, 09:44.

I've not experienced this but a quick search of the forum did find this that might help you determine the issue - http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....y-month-or-two

Basically any fluid loss from the system would be a worry, I'd get it to the dealer to look at asap, especially if you have warranty cover on it

Good luck !
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks lfcrul1972. Assistance much appreciated. I'll contact the local dealer and get it booked in.

Comment

Could well be the pump as a few had issues- but that was 150s mainly
        And when it goes, it goes, so you have to stop. So best checked over
        Might be a gasket or seal with any luck
        Hit any stones or the like which may have nicked a pipe that's dripping?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks Chris. No, I can't recall hitting any stones and looking under the engine compartment there seems to be a cover under the lower part of the engine. The dealer is collecting it this morning, so hopefully it's something simple. If it's the water pump, I doubt if that's a one day fix!

Comment

Update: the car has been into my local dealer and has had the water pump replaced and also the pump drive tensioner (whatever that is!). They are charging Citroen £457. Thank goodness for warranties!

Comment

Thanks for the update, these may help others in the future !

As you said it's good when the payment is takend care of under warranty !
              sigpic

Comment

Keep an eye on this - mines has been in the garage 5 times since June to get this same problem fixed. They replaced the pump however a week later the problem came back. In the end the thermostat was replaced and all appears to be ok again..

Comment

Thanks jecknlaul. The coolant temperature sensor went, so the car's been back into the dealer for a replacement!

Comment

Working...
                  X