Just had first service,seems a bit sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had first service,seems a bit sluggish

Car now seems to sluggish until it gets to about 1800 rpm then ok.Sure it didn't feel like that before.Only thing i have notice checked oil level and it is way to much oil on dipstick.
    DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Originally posted by peter m View Post
    Car now seems to sluggish until it gets to about 1800 rpm then ok.Sure it didn't feel like that before.Only thing i have notice checked oil level and it is way to much oil on dipstick.
    How much is way to much? Overfilled is not good for the engine. If it is above the full mark get that drained out to the proper level.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

So after the DS3 has stood on level ground for a while the oil level is above the max on the dipstick ?? If it is I'd give the dealers a call and tell them about the sluggishness and what you think is over filled oil.

Re the Sluggishness your DS3 wasn't remapped was it ? If so do you know if the dealer updated the ECU ?

Edit: Sorry I had several tabs open and didn't see cyclone had replied
      Last edited by lfcrule1972; 04-09-2013, 17:55.
      sigpic

Comment

Oil level on dipstick about 8mm above full level when cold,will double check tomorrow.Car hasn't been remapped.Just feel sluggish sure wasn't like that before service.

Comment

Originally posted by peter m View Post
          Oil level on dipstick about 8mm above full level when cold,will double check tomorrow.Car hasn't been remapped.Just feel sluggish sure wasn't like that before service.
          Mine felt the same after my first service not sure if these cars have Kam ........keep alive memory in the ecu this memories how you drive the car ie; gradual throttle or floor it
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Too much oil leads to additional backpreasure through the engine NOT GOOD AT ALL my advice would be NOT to drive the car especialy if you are saying 8mm ABOVE oil lvl DANGER DANGER
            this is how cylinder head gaskets blow resulting in many problems with the running of the car and oil and water mixing

Who did the service? citroen dealer? if so person responsible should be sacked.
            Last edited by DS3man STEVE; 04-09-2013, 19:47.
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
            :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

too much oil is probably worse than having too little oil, when there is too much oil in the sump, the crankshaft beats the oil, the oil heats & gloops up and doesnt lubricate the engine properly - and could possibly seize the engine

wouldnt drive it until resolved personally

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Service done by Citroën dealers in Cardiff.
                Just rechecked oil way passed full.

Comment

If you do not want to drain the excess yourself then i would phone them

the more you drive it like that the more chance you will do damage to the engine or catalytic converter BOTH can be costly to repair or replace
                  http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
                  :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

If the oil level is over full then you need to get in touch with your dealer and rise your concern. Otherwise if your handy just drain the excess yourself.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

How accessible is sump drain plug?
                      May do it myself cannot be asked to go back dealer.

Comment

Easy as it's right at the bottom of the engine, you may need to remove a protective engine cover first though.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          Easy as it's right at the bottom of the engine, you may need to remove a protective engine cover first though.
                          If I remember correctly four hex screws.

Then drain plug. Had some fun when my drain plug clogged the collection tray hole and oil began pouring over on the floor
                          Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                          ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks all,will have a look on weekend.

Comment

As I keep saying that's dealers for you .
                              DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X