Dead DS3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead DS3!

Owned my DS3 for not even a year and it's died on me! Has been tricky to start the last couple of mornings, once started has been driving fine until today!

Driving along motorway and it's really sluggish, struggles to get past 60mph, leave motorway, drive along slip round, stop at roundabout, accelerate and nothing! Try to start engine and nothing except smoke out the exhaust! Lovely big lorry coming at my stationary car at speed, thankfully misses me and I'm stranded on a roundabout! Being a girl, panic sets in and the tears flow! Manage to arrange local garage to tow me to their workshop, thankfully still under warranty and need to wait for diagnostics!

Any suggestions what it could be? No warning lights, oil/water all fine, 9k on the clock.....

Could be multiple things unfortunately but due to ur description I'd lean towards fuel issue faulty injector or maybe wrong fuel ? Just a question when did u last fuel up ?

Comment

£30 of unleaded on Monday......

Comment

New engine required!! What's the chances of getting a courtesy car from citroen for 10 days, none available from Citroen garage where my car is currently in situ!!!

Fecked off!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jangles View Post
          New engine required!! What's the chances of getting a courtesy car from citroen for 10 days, none available from Citroen garage where my car is currently in situ!!!

Fecked off!!
          When my first engine blew Citroen provided me with a courtesy car through Enterprise rentals. If your dealer can't do this for you, get on the phone to CUK and request they sort something.

Sorry to hear of your issues
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Wow sorry to hear of your problems What did the dealer say the issue was, something serious to require a new engine I'm guessing ?
            sigpic

Comment

Depending on your insurance, you may also be able to get a hire car through them as a last resort. Worth a shot if the dealer doesn't come through...
              sigpic
              BUGor Big Red ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jangles View Post

Fecked off!!
                WHAT !!!!!! ................................this seems to be a very bad trend on here at the mo

I know people tend to post the bad things before the good BUT !!!

Do they have the same problem in France with this car ?? does anyone know?? how can we find out ?? or are we just unlucky

What the hell happened for them to right off the engine this quick or did a piston make a bid for freedom
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Sorry to hear of the issues you are currently having so soon on the DS3. I'd personally push for a courtesy car from CUK as a good will gesture for the problems so early on! Any more news on it?
                  :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
                  Partsworld-UK.com
                  Email
                  Call: 01246 268896
                  We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
                  *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Hi a vti going wrong that's not good did not think they had problems I had a brand new one before I got my racing and had no problems hope you get it sorted.
                    DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Blimey- new engine. Not good. Try get in writing that if the new engine goes within a certain period, you want your money back, or at least a verbal assurance (maybe a voice recorder in your pocket at the time?)
                      There used to be a designated French website dealing with the issues surrounding DS3 engines- but think its was just the 150, but not certain
                      Wish you luck Jangles!
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

DS3 still remains dead!

Sooooo on the 29 September I was told that I required a new engine on my DS3 due to complete engine failure, turns out that Citroen decided that all it really needed was a new head...... 2 weeks later new head has been fitted and guess what - still needs a new engine! Asked what coursed the problem and was told it was a general fault that couldn't be avoided!!!

Really fecked off - new engine has been ordered this morning and I've just been told that the engine is on back order and could be weeks or possibly months! I've been in touch with Citroen Customer Services since day 1 and to be fair they have been really good, sorted me out with an all singing hi -spec new Mondeo hire car from Enterprise so I can't moan that I'm without a car.

Not alot else I can do really other than sit and wait!!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, hope the wait is not too long.
                          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Hi Jangles, Sorry to hear your car is still down. Do you think you could find out exactly what went wrong? So far the VTI has been a fairly reliable engine and it would be nice to be able to keep track of the problems for other owners.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

i'm guessing it they thought only the head needed replacing maybe water pump/overheating issue cooked the head. its possibly though it done more damage and full engine is now needed.
                              Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
                              X