thp 155 won't start aarrggh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thp 155 won't start aarrggh!

Went out the the car last night to go to work and it won't start.. the engine is turning but no life! I tried my spare key in the hope it was just the battery but no joy. I only got the car at Xmas so it's slightly concerning! Going for a kip now off night shift and I am planning on calling for my AA home start when I get up but I suspect a call to the dealer will be required.
    Yesterday brought as heavy a rain storm as I think I have seen in this country, it has my mind wondering if water has maybe found it's way into the engine. I don't know if this is even possible or if it's a coincidence..
    Any thoughts or similar experiences greatly received

Onkan

Good luck. I drove through an unexpected flood two nights ago at approx 30mph and didnt flood the engine, which was a bonus
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I should add that I wasn't driving in the rain. It was just parked at the house then it rained then it wouldn't start.. I hadn't driven since coming home at this time yesterday morning.. the car hasn't missed a beat up until now. :'(

Comment

I'd be surprised if it was the battery as you said the engine was turning but not catching, did you check under the bonnet to see if any spark plug leads are loose (unlikely), battery leads or anything obvious ? I've assumed it has petrol

Good luck, let us know what the AA man says
        sigpic

Comment

I had a look under the bonnet but honestly I'm like a cave man looking at a space shuttle. I haven't a clue! Nothing looked what I would deem to be unusual.. I actually got it started but it struggled. It sounded fine when it was ticking over.
          I called my dealer to see if they could look at it today. They said I could take it and leave it with them but I told them I'd need a courtesy car if I were to do that. He checked and said they had no cars for the next couple of weeks. I'm taking it tomorrow by appointment. If they need to keep it I'll be requesting that they confirm in writing that they can't give me a car and I'll call CUK while I'm there.
          Surely the fact that my car is 10 months old and under warranty should mean they shouldn't be able to leave me stranded because the thing won't start??

Comment

Best of luck this is where you find out how good your dealer is

I don't think there is any statement in the warranty about keeping you mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -Delivered by Paper Aeroplane
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

I had a problem with my car a couple of weeks ago.when the AA came out to it the man told me it had to go to the dealer.
              He told me it had to go to nearest dealer (which wasn't where I bought the car from) and when we arrived there they said
              they didn't have any courtesy cars available.The AA man said "no problem" and rang enterprise and hired me a car for 2
              days.He then told me if I had not got the car back by then I should ring CUK and they would just extend the hire until my
              car was ready.

It may be worthwhile getting the AA to take your car to the dealer and getting them to arrange the initial car hire.

Regards Tbart

Comment

Hope you get on with it OK, could be one of many things that you cant tell on a forum
                Tell us how you get on
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

there is a recall on some DS3's due to the battery earth, maybe poor connection perhaps? let us know how you get on.
                  Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/re...A7&lowIndex=12

Makes interesting reading
                    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

The cars that this happened to quit running and lost ALL electrical power. Very scary if happened at speed.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Wee update, my car started after a bit of a splitter the following day so I called to see if the dealer could look at it. They said they couldn't until the following day. Next day it started no problem, typical! I took it in and they said nothing was showing on the diagnostics and it seemed fine. I took it away again and then that night the expected happened and it wouldn't start :-(. Got the AA out this morn, he thought by the sound of it that it was a fuel issue. Perhaps a burst in the cable or the fuel not making it through for the initial ignition. He started it with some kind of fuel aid manually and black reek came out. He says that meant there was unburned fuel just sitting so it might instead be a spark plug issue.

Either way he doesn't think it's serious thankfully. I took it straight to the dealer while the engine was running.
                        They are going to look at it on Monday. Here's hoping it's sorted soon!

Comment

Sounds hopeful- least you seem to be getting somewhere
                          Keep us posted
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Good luck and here's hoping it's all sorted today for you
                            sigpic

Comment

Citroen finally got round to looking at my car again this morning. Just had a phone call to tell me it's starting fine and they can't find anything wrong with it.. starting to get really pi$$ed off now. I told them I don't want it back until it's sorted.. she's calling me back to let me know if she can source me a car to use meantime.. I can see this dragging on forever.. what use is a car if it's Russian roulette whether it'll start or not.
                              I even gave them the report that the AA guy gave me when he inspected the car while it was not starting.

Comment

Working...
                              X