No announcement yet.

Fuel economy :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a 80 mile round trip to work today and it seems that my little dsport isn't performing too badly, I averaged 54 mpg, a 70/30 split motorway/A roads so I suppose I can't complain! I was driving like a little old granny tho! Ha ha

Comment

I'm getting 22.7mpg avg speed 11mpg. it was 27.8mpg but since my last service the consumption has gone up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyu View Post
        I'm getting 22.7mpg avg speed 11MPH. it was 27.8mpg but since my last service the consumption has gone up.
        Fixed that for you and the info does not mean much without knowing what engine you have.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I do purely motorway driving in my d-sport plus 110 ehdi and i see no real difference in mpg with the colder weather, i avg 54mpg with highs of 64mpg, My last tank was 56mpg so slightly higher than average (colder weather)
          Mpg is more dependent on how you drive/traffic conditions in my opinion; although for short journeys it will use more fuel to warm up so the mpg will decrease, but with longer journeys this is insignificant because it averages out.

Comment

At the moment, with my new commute (100 miles a day in total), I'm averaging about 62mpg on the motorway at 70 in 6th gear. Definitely hasn't been as good with the cold weather and it doesn't help when you get stuck in queues either! Mine's just hit 4,000 miles.

Comment

My 110 weasel burner returns an average of 60+ in all weathers
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                My 110 weasel burner returns an average of 60+ in all weathers
                Spoken like a true Weasel owner LOL
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

my 110 dsport plus hdi gets about 40 mpg average with the foot to the floor everywhere I go - I think that's brilliant ,, just enjoy the car don't worry about a couple of mpg
                  Nick - ds3 dsport plus e-HDI 110

my other truck is a discovery 2 es - prepped to go anywhere

Comment

Hi Oldskool- bet that's better than the Discovery by a million miles LOL
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm getting 7,5 litres/100 km Mostly short commute driving. And this is measured at refueling, the computer says 6,7.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        Hi Oldskool- bet that's better than the Discovery by a million miles LOL
                        Hey Chris ! sure is the ds3 on its worst day still gets double the mpg of the disco on its best - just had first service ,, how time flies when youre having ds3 fun and only the one speeding ticket ;-)

Comment

Bet everyone likes knowing you with your Disco this time of year tho!
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

lol I gotta admit im hopeful for a day after tomorrow scenario this winter

Comment

What- Wolves running round the town, and everyone hiding in the library- with a ship floating up West Street?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

yup that.d be great - I live on top of the downs

Comment

Working...
                                X