fuel filter issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter issue

i was up in dunkeld at the weekend and the temp dropped to -4 and when i was setting off back down the A9 i got an engine management fault with a big red stop on the dash. called Citroen who recommended i get recovered to them so i called the RAC who arrived an hour and a half later and after a quick computer check said the fuel filter was blocked due to the water in the trap freezing and causing low fuel pressure. Citroen quoted £150 for a new filter as it wasnt covered under warranty (car has only done 10100) needless to say i didnt take it to them i used my usual mechanic who fitted it for £50 including parts. does anyone know if its possible to actualy drain the water of easily or is it a case of change it ragularly.

Have a look here for more information

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....-Diesel-Waxing
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

thanks for the link biggie i have read this thread before however my last car was a seat diesel and this never happened, just wondered if this was a citroen odditie. think ill run the tank down and switch to shell or esso for the winter.

Comment

Woah I had exactly the same problem ! Car went into limp mode because of it ! Citroen done it for me for a freebie

Sent from my SM-C101 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same problem mine was also done for free never did work out why Citroen paid when they blamed it on supermarket fuel
          2012 Dstyle+ 1.6 eHDI 90 Airdreamsigpic
          Belle Ile Blue With Black Roof

Comment

I'm still using Shell VPower Nitro+ at the moment to see if I can determine any benefits to the additional cost of the fuel, not had any issues in previous years with diesel waxing so definitely not expecting any with the Shell fuel
            sigpic

Comment

Been using Nitro+ for a while now lfc?
              Thought you were a supermarket fuel lover
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I was (am) but you convinced me that I should be treating her to premium fuels Chris, plus they are doing Lego Ferrari model cars at the moment
                sigpic

Comment

^ Look at it this way Chris, when you want a beer do you fill up on Tesco Value Beer or get a proper beer like hoegaarden?
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Always like a drop of the goodstuff me- never had anything other than Ultimate mine

ED- Aspalls actually :Joni:
                    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 03-12-2013, 09:51.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      plus they are doing Lego Ferrari model cars at the moment
                      This is the most important point here I think.
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                      X