oil catch can question if I may...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Tunbridge Wells for a Christmas lunch tomorrow as it happens
    Catch can- think ive got it sussed. Where to get the pipe, what can, not certain about the location on the vehicle, one of 2 places
    Just a matter of when to do it. 1st service in March, so doubtful before that.
    May buy the catch can anyway, as things have a habit nof not being there, when u wanna buy them. Altho Hangar 111 has been talking catch can kit for a while....

Supplier of can states pipes are 19mm on the Prince engine (What THP is) but elsewhere on here suggest 15mm .
    So gonna get that horrible clip off the front PCV pipe at the weekend and have a measure
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      In Tunbridge Wells for a Christmas lunch tomorrow as it happens
      Catch can- think ive got it sussed. Where to get the pipe, what can, not certain about the location on the vehicle, one of 2 places
      Just a matter of when to do it. 1st service in March, so doubtful before that.
      May buy the catch can anyway, as things have a habit nof not being there, when u wanna buy them. Altho Hangar 111 has been talking catch can kit for a while....

Supplier of can states pipes are 19mm on the Prince engine (What THP is) but elsewhere on here suggest 15mm .
      So gonna get that horrible clip off the front PCV pipe at the weekend and have a measure
      I am of the same belief as you Chris that it is 15 mm for pipes
      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
        I am of the same belief as you Chris that it is 15 mm for pipes
        Supplier reckons he's 99% sure its 19mm- but he would, wouldnt he
        Gotta get that tape measure out. Those clips are darned tight. Saturday morning job
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 19-12-2013, 10:33. Reason: spell
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Keep us updated Chris as il look to grab one to fit when im home.

Comment

Will do. Even if it is 15mm, then reducers from 19mm to 15mm could be used, but would rather less connections in a pipe than more
            Looking at nice red fuel/heat resistant pipe to 180deg c. That should be ok? For a PCV pipe anyways
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

At least Racing front PCV size is different on rocker side than turbo side... had to create a bubble gum fix.
              Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
              ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
              sigpic

Comment

Am interested in knowing what OCC to get to.
                My 150 doesnt like the cold weather and can sound a bit rattly to start up for a minute or 2
                Hoping a catch can may help

Comment

Am in Tun Wells tomorrow Cav- near your building.
                  You want compare engine sounds LOL? Email me.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

They are a very noisy engine anyway not sure this in itself is a problem though. here is a video of mine just after a top end rebuild with new cam chain tensioner guides etc. for a comparison. BTW the video audio makes it sound noisier than it sounds in real life to me as well.

Originally posted by Cavalry View Post
                    Am interested in knowing what OCC to get to.
                    My 150 doesnt like the cold weather and can sound a bit rattly to start up for a minute or 2
                    Hoping a catch can may help

Comment

Sounds fine, just like mine , for the first 30 seconds, then it starts to sound a bit of an uneven idle?
                      But if its just been rebuilt, it must be good

Ed- is the engine warmed up when you took the vid
                      Last edited by Chris_Blue; 19-12-2013, 22:28.
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Anyone confirm the PCV hose diameters on the THP, rather than me take them off to look?
                        Think they are 15mm hoses, but it has been suggested they could be 19mm (Internal)

Theres quite a nice catch can for £100 on the auction site, baffled up, with sight screen that even Pug THPers are after as a group buy
                        Chris did you manage to get dimensions of the front and back connection points?
                        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Yes- The front PCV pipe coming out of the rocker cover is 19mm and where it goes back into the air intake (This is what stuffed things up for me) is 25mm
                          So i use a pipe with internal of 19mm then put a 28mm bit of tube which connects the 2 the other end
                          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 27-01-2014, 18:51. Reason: spell
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

so 19mm to 25 reducer will do then? think i have one of them too. my last car had a similar setup.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=227491
                            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Didnt quite work like that.
                              The 19mm internal diameter pipe that fits on the rocker cover, will have an external diameter, and you need a reducer to go from that external diameter ,to an internal diameter of 25mm, if that makes sense
                              Really depends on what sort pipe you use. Some have thicker walls than others :-)
                              Sorry cant be more precise

Ed- think i went internal joiner of 28mm to 25mm
                              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 27-01-2014, 22:29.
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Just bought a 2011 DS3 1.6T... I'm assuming the same OCC kit I have on my 2009 MINI Cooper S will work? I have always used the BSH kit because of the baffle.

Comment

Working...
                                X