No announcement yet.

Rejecting a DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. It's over £18,500. I could've easily bought a new car for half of that price and I probably wouldn't have any problems. I paid a premium so I obviously expect a decent car.

Comment

BigChris did you take Citroen Finance on this car?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
        BigChris did you take Citroen Finance on this car?

Yes, I bought the car on contract hire

Comment

Well then if it is a contract they have breeched there side of the contract by failing to give you what you have expected. I would contact Citroen finance in regards to your issues as they would be the owners of the car. Also worth contacting trading standards and citizens advice bureau.

Simon

Comment

OOH. Not sure
            Surely anyone could have financed the car, and the finance company arent gonna care, unless they dont get their money
            And if they dont get their money, court proceedings commence?
            Last edited by Chris_Blue; 08-02-2014, 23:59.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sorry but lol at people who expect Merc S Class quality from a near bottom rung car. 18,5 sound like a lot but average car price is near 29 so quite a bit lower than midline.
              Last edited by cyclone; 09-02-2014, 08:05.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                Sorry but lol at people who expect Merc S Class quality from a near bottom rung car. 18,5 sound like a lot but average car price is near 29 so quite a bit lower than midline.
                I don't know where you get your figures from but I'm sure the average car price is below 10,000. Most people can't afford a brand new car. Ford Fiesta ST, Clio Renaultsport, Corsa VXR are all high quality cars at a similar price to the DS3. My sister bought a DS3 a few weeks after I bought mine and hers seems to have a solid build quality, unlike mine.
                Being in quite a wealthy family, my dad has purchased about 30 different new Mercedes, DB9, DBS.. And I can honestly say, you don't pay for quality. You pay for the design, the engine and apart from that it's all in our heads. It's all marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChris View Post
                  I don't know where you get your figures from but I'm sure the average car price is below 10,000. Most people can't afford a brand new car. Ford Fiesta ST, Clio Renaultsport, Corsa VXR are all high quality cars at a similar price to the DS3. My sister bought a DS3 a few weeks after I bought mine and hers seems to have a solid build quality, unlike mine.
                  Being in quite a wealthy family, my dad has purchased about 30 different new Mercedes, DB9, DBS.. And I can honestly say, you don't pay for quality. You pay for the design, the engine and apart from that it's all in our heads. It's all marketing.
                  No its not 10 it's right around 29. The time around your fathers impressive car collection is most likely where the unrealistic expectations for a low end car came from. :rolleyes:
                  Last edited by cyclone; 09-02-2014, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                    No its not 10 it's right around 29. The time around your fathers impressive car collection is most likely where the unrealistic expectations for a low end car came from. :rolleyes:
                    Where did you get that figure from? And is that based on the UK as a whole? Does it also take into consideration people that can't afford cars?

Comment

In its class the DS3 isnt expensive, but it isnt cheap, either
                      You can get cars a whole lot cheaper like 7 or 8 grand- but basically very small, motorised, shopping trolleys
                      As always, you petty much get what you pay for
                      Quite happy to swap with you Dad DB7 :-) Q the music LOL
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

http://drivendata.inluk.com/wp-conte...ruary-2014.pdf.

I am not saying you should not try and reject the car if you are not happy. You should. Just be prepared that they are going to fight it.
                        Last edited by cyclone; 09-02-2014, 12:07.

Comment

Anyway getting back on topic, BigChris.

I'd get as much info from Citroen finance, citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards before confronting CUK and the Dealership.

Simon

Comment

Manager: Thank you for your email, whilst I understand your frustrations and fully understand the statute which you quote, I do not share your view that the vehicle is not of merchantable quality. The gearbox selection fault has been rectified and a number of the faults you describe were rattles and squeaks that were either caused by your own modifications to the vehicle or lose items in vehicle such as locking wheel nut/drinks containers/parcel shelf not clipped in properly. These faults whilst frustrating would not trigger the Sale Of Goods Act 1979 as you believe.

As per my previous email I would ask you to give us a definitive list of the issues you have with the vehicle and we will get them rectified for you.

Me: I have not made any modifications to the vehicle. I have only upgraded the standard bulbs to LEDs, this would not affect anything else in the car. The service manager confirmed that the rattling was caused by "plastic rubbing on plastic". I have had one loose panel on the outside of the car which had to be glued back on. I have now discovered that the door mirror is loose and shakes whenever the door is closed. There are also many panels on the interior of the car which were not fitted correctly. I haven't noticed any of these faults in my sister's DS3, of which she purchased from you several weeks after I purchased mine. I believe these faults originated from the fitting process in the factory and it is only a matter of time until more of them are revealed. Even if it were possible to correct all of the faults, I have still spent three months with a car that is not of satisfactory quality and definitely not the quality I would expect from Citroen's flagship DS3. When you buy a brand new car, you shouldn't have any stress or worries. You shouldn't feel paranoid every time you drive the car. But unfortunately, this is exactly how I feel. All I am asking is that I am given what I originally paid for. I would like to refund the car for an equivalent and although I have the right to request my previous monthly payments of nearly £500, I will be satisfied with the replacement alone.

I hope that you will understand my request.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChris View Post
                              Manager: Thank you for your email, whilst I understand your frustrations and fully understand the statute which you quote, I do not share your view that the vehicle is not of merchantable quality. The gearbox selection fault has been rectified and a number of the faults you describe were rattles and squeaks that were either caused by your own modifications to the vehicle or lose items in vehicle such as locking wheel nut/drinks containers/parcel shelf not clipped in properly. These faults whilst frustrating would not trigger the Sale Of Goods Act 1979 as you believe.

As per my previous email I would ask you to give us a definitive list of the issues you have with the vehicle and we will get them rectified for you.

Me: I have not made any modifications to the vehicle. I have only upgraded the standard bulbs to LEDs, this would not affect anything else in the car. The service manager confirmed that the rattling was caused by "plastic rubbing on plastic". I have had one loose panel on the outside of the car which had to be glued back on. I have now discovered that the door mirror is loose and shakes whenever the door is closed. There are also many panels on the interior of the car which were not fitted correctly. I haven't noticed any of these faults in my sister's DS3, of which she purchased from you several weeks after I purchased mine. I believe these faults originated from the fitting process in the factory and it is only a matter of time until more of them are revealed. Even if it were possible to correct all of the faults, I have still spent three months with a car that is not of satisfactory quality and definitely not the quality I would expect from Citroen's flagship DS3. When you buy a brand new car, you shouldn't have any stress or worries. You shouldn't feel paranoid every time you drive the car. But unfortunately, this is exactly how I feel. All I am asking is that I am given what I originally paid for. I would like to refund the car for an equivalent and although I have the right to request my previous monthly payments of nearly £500, I will be satisfied with the replacement alone.

I hope that you will understand my request.
                              If the car is on finance I'd also recommend dropping an email through to your finance company just to make them aware that you may soon be cancelling your payments.

Good luck.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Dont cancel any payments. Doing that breaches your agreement with the finance company and could end up effecting your credit rating. You need to inform both parties of your reject, be prepared for a fight because your rejects list is minor. You need the finance company to agree to rejection.

Sent from somehere out there...
                                Last edited by Bigfeet; 14-02-2014, 11:08.
                                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                                Bigfeet's File Repository
                                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                                X