• Show
Clear All

How can loose panels be minor? It's a danger for me and other road users

You keep saying somehere out there lol I think you mean somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by BigChris View Post
      How can loose panels be minor? It's a danger for me and other road users

You keep saying somehere out there lol I think you mean somewhere
      Understand your frustration but you need to understand that the process is designed to protect both you and the seller from fraudulent claims, outline the problems to both the finance company as well as the seller and take things from there. Keep copies of everything for record.

PS Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake - sorted!
      Last edited by Bigfeet; 10-02-2014, 12:17.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Manger: Thank you for your prompt reply, as previously stated we are not in a position to exchange your vehicle, could you please confirm the faults present so we can arrange remedial works as necessary. The quicker we get these faults rectified the better as we like yourself are not happy with this situation.

What can I say to him?

Comment

he wants the faults listed ie

3. etc etc

as he obviously cant count
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

What you need to do is make a list of all the issues you have with the car and then book it in for the jobs to be done when you hand over the vehicle for the jobs to be done demonstrate all the faults to the technician if anything is hanging off or not fixed correctly take pictures just be careful what you think is a poorly fitted part maybe within acceptable quality standards allowable to Citroen . I know you paid around £18 k for the car it is not classed as a premium vehicle if you think Citroen is bad walk round a Ford show room or VW showroom you will be shocked at the standard of there show room cars.
            E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
            Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Originally posted by Tony DS3 View Post
              What you need to do is make a list of all the issues you have with the car and then book it in for the jobs to be done when you hand over the vehicle for the jobs to be done demonstrate all the faults to the technician if anything is hanging off or not fixed correctly take pictures just be careful what you think is a poorly fitted part maybe within acceptable quality standards allowable to Citroen . I know you paid around £18 k for the car it is not classed as a premium vehicle if you think Citroen is bad walk round a Ford show room or VW showroom you will be shocked at the standard of there show room cars.
              My brother has had a Fiesta for over 4 years.. He hasn't had one problem. I had a look in the VW showroom and they seem to be good quality. How can it not be classed as a premium vehicle? It may not be a Ferrari, but it is still a brand new car. Cars are supposed to last years and years. If it can't last a few weeks without a few faults then who knows where it'll be at the 6 month mark... 1 year... 3 years... I can't imagine

Comment

I can see both sides of this, as a DS3 owner I can see why you'd want to reject the car, unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen I'd list all the faults as requested, take photos and then give the dealers a chance to resolve them....

If you do all this and they confirm they have fixed the car and then these faults persist you may have more chance of a reject.
                sigpic

Comment

Hear what you say BigChris, but its hardly major engine failure, or lots mechanical issues
                  Good luck, but fear you wont get a new car
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Had my fair share of issues with my DS3 being in the garage too but I don't think that you are being fair in rejecting the car.

Citroen obviously doesn't deserve much of a reputation for quality reliable cars but that said all brands will have quality issues it's just how many and how they are dealt with. Citroen may have too many but mostly they are being dealt with correctly within the warranty and slightly beyond. It would be better if every car they built was perfect but that's not going to happen as the cost of doing that is more than the warranty cost. That also means you need to be particularly assertive not aggressive or over demanding and be exceptionally detailed and document all issues you have to get the full value of the warranty.

"Lemon laws" are for lemons and I don't think that your DS3 would really come close to being a lemon sorry. Not the best or worst example of the cars build quality or even dealer service just less than average that's all.

Should you just wear it hell no! Be the squeaky wheel and complain until everything is fixed to your satisfaction that's what warranty is for and the warranty costs need to be kept high to remind Citroen to invest more in building quality into the build process in the first place.

For myself having bought four new Citroens over the last 8 years I will have to say that whilst I loved the design flair and driving experience the ownership experience has been tarnished as I enter my retirement years will not be buying another new one.

Comment

Dear Paul,

If you are not in a position to change the car, I would like to request a refund of the previous 3 months. I will then proceed with a confirmation of the faults.

Thank you

No reply for 4 days so far...

Comment

All you're going to get is a big fat nothing.

Go to a different dealer and let them have a go at fixing your problems. Then take it to CUK.

That email doesn't deserve to be replied to..
                        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                        Third time around.
                        Work in Progress

Comment

Wouldn't I have to pay for that?

Comment

Your guarantee is good at any dealer and they are all warranty items so no will not cost you anything but gas and time. If the dealer you have been going to is unable to properly repair your car go to another.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Me: The faults so far are:

1. Loose panels on the exterior car: Chrome panel on the driver's side and possibly the mirrors (?)
                              2. Doors shake when they are closed. Possibly something to do with the poorly fitted exterior panels. The doors sometimes do not close properly the first time.
                              3. Windows make a knocking sound seconds after they are closed.
                              4. Rattling and vibrations inside the car. Possibly from the glovebox and dashboard on the passenger side.
                              5. Eco-mode turns off on it's own when at the lights (?)
                              6. Automatic lighting doesn't always switch the headlights on, even when it is pitch black outside

Thank you,

Comment

3. Every ds3 does this,
                                4, minor issue can be fixed with a bit of padding
                                5, you mean the engine starts back up for no reason? This is because it is cold and you have the heaters on.(will do the same for aircon)

What do you mean the door shakes when closed? Like it's not latched properly?
                                sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                                Third time around.
                                Work in Progress

Comment

Working...
                                X