• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't do 3. on my sisters DS3...

And the engine starts up again even when the heaters are off

Comment

Originally posted by BigChris View Post
      It doesn't do 3. on my sisters DS3...
      The click you hear is the locking mechanism for the window falling into place.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

So why does it only do it on mine and not my sisters? And it's only on the drivers side

Comment

The faults so far are:

1. Loose panels on the exterior car: Chrome panel on the driver's side and possibly the mirrors (?)

The chrome is help in place by self-adhesive pads. Just needs refitting.

2. Doors shake when they are closed. Possibly something to do with the poorly fitted exterior panels. The doors sometimes do not close properly the first time.

Mine did that. All it needed was a resetting of the striker plates, a five-minute job done under warranty.

3. Windows make a knocking sound seconds after they are closed.

Is that really a problem? It's just the control system making sure they're properly closed.

4. Rattling and vibrations inside the car. Possibly from the glovebox and dashboard on the passenger side.

My glovebox rattled. I fixed it myself as it was too trivial a problem to warrant a trip to the dealers, by putting a couple of small pads where the rubber stops on the lid sit. (I actually used plumbing ball-cock washers!)

5. Eco-mode turns off on it's own when at the lights (?)

I assume you mean stop-start? Don't worry, it's just a way of fiddling the EC fuel consumption figures & is pretty irrelevant in real life!

6. Automatic lighting doesn't always switch the headlights on, even when it is pitch black outside

Needs a diagnostic check.

I'd be the first to admit that a few niggling faults like this can add up to a big deal, but I think your real problem here, as has been said before, isn't the car, it's the dealer.

Comment

Working...
          X