Upset :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset :-(

had a stone thrown up from a wheel on a lorry today and on my lovely new car's one month birthday, it's has created a massive L shape crack from the bullseye. It's right at the top of the screen and has chipped the roof too slightly. What should I do about the chip? I've only ever used chipsaway local company rep on previous cars and they did an excellent job. But should I use the dealer I got it from?

Beyond gutted and just want it fixed now :-( waiting for call back re date for screen - and remembered to mention the acoustic screen that I saw on here somewhere the other week!

Gutted

Check with your insurance provider if you have any sort of windscreen cover. Failing that, give any local reputable windscreen company a call. They should be able to advise you if the crack can be filled or whether you'll need a replacement screen.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sorry, I meant the paint work chip. Sorted new screen out through insurance but not going to claim for the paintwork but not sure how best to get the paintwork fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Girlypink View Post
        Sorry, I meant the paint work chip. Sorted new screen out through insurance but not going to claim for the paintwork but not sure how best to get the paintwork fixed?
        If you can post a good pic of it, I'm sure Andy or others can advise on the best course of action.
        sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
        Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Needs to be looked at ASAP. Please post up a pic GP.
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I'll try to get one later. I'm not overly short at 5ft 6 but it's right slap in the middle and I can't reach high enough to get a decent angle lol! Will dig out a stool later and get a pic.

Comment

Right, step ladder has been out and I've got some pics. How am I best to show them to you all or some of you, without losing picture quality through tapatalk?

Comment

Will dig out a stool later and get a pic.
                Have I stumbled into a medical forum?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Ha ha! This is not embarrassing bodies and the poo chart!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    lololol. dont wanna piccy thanks, deal with enough of that at work.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Comment

Ouch! but that chip in the pink can be fixed with a touch up kit. Andy has a guide on how best to apply it, which I am sure he will shortly post
                        sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                        Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Awful set of pictures but as Soran has stated a link to effectively touching up can be found here. Just apply, dry, apply dry. Keep building up the layers, slowly but surely

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....482#post154482

If you're not confident then look at Auto Restore where you can email them a picture of the damage for a quote of repair and they come to you to fix.
                          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                          Take a pride in your ride
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Looks like a hard area to reach too.

Comment

Thanks Andy, as always! PMK that is my worry as I had to precariously balance on a step ladder to get to this. I'll have to see if I can get hold of the touch up and have a go and if no good then contact some people.

Comment

Working...
                              X