Rust bubble??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

My little ds3 has gone to citroen dealership today, then off to the body shop, I didn't know the body shop wasn't on site it used to be, looks like it's off to Coventry for a few days.

It's been a tiring process tbh, the last 2 weeks citroen uk have been arguing with the body shop over the price and quote to get it fixed neither getting to an acceptable price, which worries me about the quality of the work. Will update once i get the car back, also makes sense to why the dealer didn't fix it before selling on.

Comment

Another update, the whole door is full of rust under the paint, the dealership are saying never seen it like this before, new door on order now, no car for 2 weeks possibly!

Comment

Hope you aren't having to pay for this there should be no reason for such a new car to require a new door because of rust.
        Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
        Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Well it's covered under the warranty but it's the waiting as now 4 different groups are mixed up with it, customer service, body shop, warranty team and some cost manager, takes time for all 4 to agree. I turned down a hire car as I hardly use it but to be without the car longer than a week I'm reconsidering....

Comment

The other thing on mind is what's the rest of the car like?! I know I had a 30 day change of mind but I've had the car 5 months now and only done 500 miles, doubt if I tried to change the car citreon would even consider it, I just wonder what's the rest of the car like, anyone have any thoughts? Or dealers in here know would they change the car??

Comment

Well all done, got the car back an hour ago!

Comment

Originally posted by manicm View Post
                Well all done, got the car back an hour ago!
                Happy with the result?
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I would question if it's a new door, but otherwise yep bubble has gone, paint is blended well, it's not noticeable.

Comment

Mines booked in for the 8th

Comment

Took mine to Roadside Citroen this morning and they've taken pics. They said they'll get back to me by the weekend.
                      Cooks

Comment

It's been a while but we have the door sorted to perfection. Porters body shop in Portadown were absolutely brilliant in every respect. Colour match is spot on and quality of the repair is easily the best I've ever had done.

Cooks

Comment

Originally posted by manicm View Post
                          After some advice hoping the picture shows it, how bad will this get? Is it covered under the paint warranty? There are marks above it but not sure what the previous owner did. How quick will this get worse and I guess will citroen fix it??
                          Is it just me , i don't seem able to view any picture of the problem.

Comment

Nah the pictures have gone
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X