Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave_beast View Post
    Or failing that, buy an AK47 or one of these

but make sure your not by your car as you wiil then have to clean blood splatter of car before it dries as its a bugger to remove when dry

Comment

I would be finding some scooter riding idiots n sticking those scooters in there a** ho**s!!!
      FACT

Comment

Originally posted by willo View Post
        CCTV cameras
        Um i really would not. If you haven't got a CCTV license and signage informing them that you have CCTV in operation it will be you the police will be coming for......
        Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
        Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

I wouldn't have thought that you need a license for CCTV on private property? Having never looked into such things, I could easily be wrong.

If you just so happen to capture the bit of road where your car is parked in the shot, then that's just a happy by product of keeping your house safe!
          Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

Originally posted by Woolsy View Post
            Um i really would not. If you haven't got a CCTV license and signage informing them that you have CCTV in operation it will be you the police will be coming for......
            There is no such thing as a CCTV license for an individual to protect their property ..."A Public Space Surveillance (CCTV) licence is required when manned guarding activities are carried out through the use of closed circuit television equipment"

Comment

think when police came to see me when car got mess with a few years back, they said they needed time and date on screen before they can use it as evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by DS3RACING96 View Post
                think when police came to see me when car got mess with a few years back, they said they needed time and date on screen before they can use it as evidence.
                That is a usual feature of a time lapse recorder

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                  Police are not interested. Apparently somebody would have needed to have actually seen them do the damage. The fact that they were all over the car like a rash, and the street was otherwise quiet all night, isn't enough.

And, sad to say, I'm bound to think that, were I to press the police to investigate, and the yobs (who apparently ARE known to the police) were to be questioned, we would suffer the consequences. I'd probably find every panel kicked in next time - or worse. Not sure I'm prepared to take that risk.
                  The Police would be interested if they could get the offender. I deal with this type of crime all the time. If no-one is seen to do the damage they of course nothing can be done. How does the street being quiet all night tell the Police who the offender was? You need evidence towards an individual to prosecute someone. You cant just pick a random member of public.

Pressing the Police would do nothing, there is no evidence if no-one was seen doing it. Forensics are compromised by weather etc and you would not like the finger printing dust all over your car, its a right bugger to get off.

You mention yobs known to Police, how do you know yobs were there to name them so the Police know who they are? As I thought no-one was seen?

About the risk, its always there over every single offence, domestic, criminal damage, assault, rape, murder. A lot of the reason why these scum are out and about is purely because the community will not stand up to them like they used to in the old days.

Im not having a dig so please dont take it the wrong way
                  Last edited by monkey; 09-06-2011, 20:57.

Comment

CCTV- you can have your own CCTV as long as it is covering your property. So if it points towards the road where your car is and you can also see a bit of your drive/garden etc then its fine, trust me I deal with this question on a daily basis.

Also its fine to use CCTV or take a picture of anyone if they are committing a crime

Comment

CCTV LICENSE.........what are you talking about,had idiots trying to get into my house (6 of them)trying to get car keys to get my car all recorded on cctv called police and gave them a copy of recording we even forgot to edit out the part were my fella ran at them with an axe police called back the next day to say they new a few faces on the recording and joked about seen my fella with the axe telling him he should not be cutting trees down at that time of night.....then went on to add he wishes more people had cctv cameras

Comment

Originally posted by monkey View Post
                        The Police would be interested if they could get the offender. I deal with this type of crime all the time. If no-one is seen to do the damage they of course nothing can be done. How does the street being quiet all night tell the Police who the offender was? You need evidence towards an individual to prosecute someone. You cant just pick a random member of public.

Pressing the Police would do nothing, there is no evidence if no-one was seen doing it. Forensics are compromised by weather etc and you would not like the finger printing dust all over your car, its a right bugger to get off.

You mention yobs known to Police, how do you know yobs were there to name them so the Police know who they are? As I thought no-one was seen?

About the risk, its always there over every single offence, domestic, criminal damage, assault, rape, murder. A lot of the reason why these scum are out and about is purely because the community will not stand up to them like they used to in the old days.

Im not having a dig so please dont take it the wrong way
                        It's not quite as you paint it, monkey.

My daughter saw them standing around the car, in the exact place where the damage was done. She didn't actually see the damage being done because it was on the side facing the road, and therefore not visible to her. The police arrived and chased after them (apparently a neighbour had phoned to complain about the scooter racing up & down the road at 3 am in the morning). I was told that they were stopped and warned about their anti-social behaviour, and that "we know who they are".

So, it's not a question of picking a random member of the public, and the police do know who they are.

Of course I take your point about there being insufficient evidence to support a prosecution, as nobody actually saw the damage being inflicted.

My daughter now has instructions to wake me up if there is any repetition.

Comment

Someone Did This To My Car + The Police Would Be Looking For Me Not Them... :L

Comment

Title of thread couldnt be more apt for me altho use of colourful language on a website not my style
                            didnt wanna start new thread
                            Some idiot(s) prized my front badge off last night making a right mess :mad:
                            Take it a hair dryer will get remnants off?- good job just got another on ebay
                            Thing is- Ive got more badges on the back than front..........so wonder why

If i catch em..........................but then spect I'll be in clink.........mebes I'll chance it:mad:
                            CBLUE
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Wow, thats quite an acheivement - I hear they are a right pain to get off.

Sorry to hear that

Is there any paint damage?
                              My DS3R3... nearly....
                              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Wooooooooooooooooooosh:mad:

That is so unnecessary! Sorry to hear Chris.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X