No announcement yet.

Marks/Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For tyre product, my current favourite is Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing. Easy to apply, looks good and lasts for a good while. Nice and cheap too.

Despite being as careful as I can, the swirls are starting to appear on mine also. Need to get using my rotary in anger and get to the point where i'm confident enough to use it on the DS3!

Comment

Originally posted by joshaspinall View Post
      Despite being as careful as I can, the swirls are starting to appear on mine also.!
      Swirls are a fact of car ownership
      Try yer best to keep it clean, but swirls will always happen however you carry out cleaning
      Or- never clean it.
      You can get obsessed but why? Another fact of car ownerhsip is you will sell it one day anyway- so why keep it excellent for someone elses benefit?
      All we can do is try our best
      GOOD LUCK Josh
      CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Chris,

I love a perfect car for the pure pleasure of it - nothing to do with anyone else getting benefit....I don't see the point of drinking but many do regularly, car detailing is (one of) my addictions and I love it for my own pleasure...each to their own, etc...

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Question for you Clive. I've already got a scratch on the back of mine. Very thin but noticeable as it looks like the car only gets one thin coat of black. Do you think this will be hidden by PB Blackhole when I get to use it? The forecast looks decent here on Thursday or Friday so may finally get the full detail done.

sigpic
          Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
            Chris,
            I don't see the point of drinking but many do regularly,
            Regards,
            Clive.
            You have to drink regularly Clive- or you die LOL

If your talking alcohol- SACRILEGE!
            Hops, Apples and the grape are all products of nature. Add some yeast and a bit of sugar- Bobs yer Uncle- Sallys yer Aunt
            So I like using natural products- Ha!
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I hand apply Megs wax after every wash and have done since new, and it seems to stop swirl marks as there's a decent build up of wax to protect it.

sigpic

Comment

I plan to build up some protection. Issue being the weather sucks and you cant polish and wax a car in the rain. Forecast is good at the end of the week (well for now, subject to change!) but if not, I'm going to clear out the bloody garage and start parking the car in there after washing to finish the detail lol. Not that desperate yet though.

sigpic

Comment

Dave, your grey DS3 looks lovely.

Originally posted by Heaton View Post
                  Question for you Clive. I've already got a scratch on the back of mine. Very thin but noticeable as it looks like the car only gets one thin coat of black. Do you think this will be hidden by PB Blackhole when I get to use it? The forecast looks decent here on Thursday or Friday so may finally get the full detail done.
                  The PB might hide it, not a product I've used but if it contains fillers it may help. Otherwise when we hopefully meet I'll measure the paint thickness and possibly give the area a light machine polish to see if I can remove it.

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  You have to drink regularly Clive- or you die LOL

If your talking alcohol- SACRILEGE!
                  Hops, Apples and the grape are all products of nature. Add some yeast and a bit of sugar- Bobs yer Uncle- Sallys yer Aunt
                  So I like using natural products- Ha!
                  CBLUE
                  Chris, I need to drink to live, lol..... I was talking alcohol, it's that I don't touch!

Regards,
                  Clive.

Comment

Dave, your grey DS3 looks lovely.
                    Cheers dude, this weather is depressing me as everytime I consider washing it it rains :@
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Clarke View Post
                      Cheers dude, this weather is depressing me as everytime I consider washing it it rains :@
                      lol yup. Feel you pain mate.

Clive, Cheers I'll see how I get on tomorrow. I certainly don't want to T-Cut looking at the paint depth and how easy it scratched.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, I certainly would not T-Cut, let us know how you get on....

Regards,
                        Clive.

Comment

Yes, I certainly would not T-Cut, let us know how you get on....

Regards,
                          Clive.
                          Well the polish (Poorboys Black Hole) which comes highly recommended on DW did disguise the marks so they were only noticeable when looking closely so I was happy. You could clearly see the improved depth in the colour as I applied it too. I just wish I had applied more than one coat of FK1000 Sealant as one wash on and the marks can be seen easier again. Any tips other than machine polishing which is going to cost me a fare bit? I know you offered Clive but I think your a bit too far from me for that to be feasible (5 hour drive).

I'll post a picture if I can get a good one in a bit.

sigpic

Comment

Hi Heaton,

In order to save you spending anymore, best thing is probably to re-apply the black hole, then 2 or 3 costs of FK1000, I'd leave a good hour between coats (buff off as normal after each coat). Perhaps even 24 hours, but make sure you remove any dust etc before the next layer (assuming you've not driven it). You could use ONR just to remove the light contaminents from overnight, then do the second or third coat.

This might protect the fillers from the black hole for longer. If we ever get chance to meet, would happily see if I could machine the offending area for you.

Regards,
                            Clive.

Comment

Cheers Clive. I'll give it a go the next good day we get here.

sigpic

Comment

Cheers Clive. I'll give it a go the next good day we get here
                                So that will be sometime in October then LOL
                                e-HDi 110 DSport Plus Perla Nera Black Metallic

Comment

Working...
                                X