Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade to bluetooth

Hello

just joined the site as i have just got home from the Citreon dealer with my Citroen DS3 VTi 120 1.6 DStyle Plus 3dr, just took it on a 200 mile drive home, love it so far but it isn't the bluetooth model is there anyway i can upgrade just the radio part or get a 3rd party radio with bluetooth?

Covered before so a quick search would have revealed this

Go with option two.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

don't really want to change the radio as i think it would ruin the looks however i just found this anyone tried it, says its easy to install and still can use the steering wheel controls, which is what I'm after.

XCARLINK SKU707 - Citroen C8, DS3, Berlingo for RD4 Bluetooth Handsfree Interface
      http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/xcarl...379742133.html

Comment

Change the radio.
        The stock radio is terrible .i dont think changing it ruins the look.also with a new headunit you can have bluetooth and ipod /USB aswell also changing the stock unit improves the sound quality.

Comment

Don't think stock is to bad, other than the receiving ability on occasion
          But then I'm no raver LOL
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by mikeandsazzle View Post
            Change the radio.
            The stock radio is terrible .i dont think changing it ruins the look.also with a new headunit you can have bluetooth and ipod /USB aswell also changing the stock unit improves the sound quality.
            dont suppose you have a picture of yours fitted do you so i can have a look

Comment

Will upload as soon as i can as it keeps failing

Comment

hi cf125

i have had to put the photos on photobucket as i cannot upload to the forum for some reason.

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/mi...?sort=3&page=1

not the best photos but you get the look.
                cheers

mike

Comment

hi cf125

i have had to put the photos on photobucket as i cannot upload to the forum for some reason.

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/mi...?sort=3&page=1

not the best photos but you get the look.
                  cheers

mike
                  thanks thats fantastic, think i need to look into, can't keep using my phone while driving, much better to get this sorted, thanks for your help guys and btw which radio is that

Comment

Hi it is a jvc kt-r741bt.
                    Just one thing to bear in mind when installing an aftermarket head unit is you will need a adaptor for the steering wheel controls and if you have rear parking sensors you will need a connects2 box which are not that cheap. But worth it in my opinion. If you do a search on the forum im sure there is a guide. Cheers

Comment

just got back from a shop in manchester wanted £280 for all adaptors and connectors and fitting inc a kendwood radio. Is this a good price? or does anyone have any recommended shops in north west?

Comment

Hi cf125
                        I fitted mine myself and all in all it cost me exactly that .
                        That is including the connects2 adaptors to allow the parking sensors to still work this was 90 quid alone. So that is a good price including fitting.
                        It is very easy to do yourself so you may get a better price.Also does the kenwood have an external mic or is it built in ? .
                        Apparently the built in ones ate not that good. I have my mic mounted on my rear view mirror with the cable hidden in the roof lining and a pillar trim.

Comment

I got my kit from the car audio centre in nottingham they also have a store in manchester.
                          They were very knowledgeable about what i needed as they didnt have a citroen connects2 kit so they supplied a purgeot one wich worked a treat.

Comment

I got my kit from the car audio centre in nottingham they also have a store in manchester.
                            They were very knowledgeable about what i needed as they didnt have a citroen connects2 kit so they supplied a purgeot one wich worked a treat.
                            what are they called and how much did you pay in total if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

The only problem with changing the stock radio it controls a lot of the features trip computer and display panel above radio . so you would loose all those features I'd originally changed the radio for an after market dab /bt radio then put the original back in after 2weeks yes sound quality is not has good has an after market radio. So I upgraded all the speakers in car with original radio I run a dennison bt pro costs around £120. But that gives me 2 USB ports , bluetooth connectivity ' and another 2ports for iPod iphone etc and all you need to do is unplug main plug into radio conect conecter to radio and other end of cable into usb box. Job done. Oh and run cable for microphone
                              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
                              X