[GPS] Where to buy new maps and speed camera alerts for MyWay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GPS] Where to buy new maps and speed camera alerts for MyWay

Here is a link if you want to download new maps for the MyWay system.

http://citroen.navigation.com/

You can also BUY the speed camera locations and install them onto your SD Card from here.

The website is easy to use and quite handy, its upto you guys if you want to pay such a high price for an SD Card with 4 gig of Data

If you have any questions ask away

Hells Teeth's those maps are hellish expensive & then you have to pay extra for "Safety" camera info.
    Am just glad I decided to stick with Sat Nav on my Nokia phone.

Comment

Thanks for the link Sim.

Haven't seen this yet and I don't remember being told either!
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Keep Up Mr Citroen Dealer !

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
          Thanks for the link Sim.

Haven't seen this yet and I don't remember being told either!
          No probs Biggie

Comment

do I take it that its £4 a download or a month??
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by SiM22 View Post
              Here is a link if you want to download new maps for the MyWay system.

http://citroen.navigation.com/

You can also BUY the speed camera locations and install them onto your SD Card from here.

The website is easy to use and quite handy, its upto you guys if you want to pay such a high price for an SD Card with 4 gig of Data

If you have any questions ask away

When you click on the link for the installation instructions they're in french.

Comment

I don't speak French

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
                When you click on the link for the installation instructions they're in french.
                Does any one know if there are instructions that are in English for installing the speed camera data?

Do you just replace the existing 2 files on the SD card with the new ones? or does anything else have to be done.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny C View Post
                  Does any one know if there are instructions that are in English for installing the speed camera data?

Do you just replace the existing 2 files on the SD card with the new ones? or does anything else have to be done.

Thanks.
                  Once the file is downloaded from the radar site CITROËN you must install it on SD card
                  MyWay navigation system that contains the Europe maps to guide you).

Remove the card from your navigation system and install it on your computer. The SD card used by
                  MyWay is type HC (High Capacity) and some computers may not recognize it, you'll need
                  then use a card reader SD "HC". Select the file you downloaded (. Exe)

1. Click "Run" or "Open", and a window "Self-Extracting Archive" appears on the screen of your
                  computer (see example below cons).

2. Click the button to the right of "Extract to" (Extract) to select the folder DATABASE
                  SD card where the data should be copied.

3. Click "Start" (Start).
                  Important: The option "Confirm Overwrite" should must be checked to ensure that former
                  files are replaced with new ones. To verify that the installation was successful
                  correctly, you can open the file versionhazard.txt (in the case of the DATABASE
                  SD card) containing the file version installed radar.

Once the file installation is complete, you can insert the SD card update the file with radar
                  in your navigation system MyWay.
                  DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

To configure alerts on your system MyWay navigation, you must press the button "NAV" then select the menu:
                    - "Navigation"
                    - then "Settings"
                    - Then 'Set the areas at risk "

An informational message appears, confirm after having read.

We recommend setting follows:
                    - Enable the display on the map
                    - Enable visual reminder to the approach
                    - Activate the reminder sound approach

With the previous configuration, you get following benefits:
                    - Sound alert: two beeps (1 to 12s and then a 2nd reminder 4s) with the approach radar
                    - visual alert display screen navigation system of a pictogram Radar

automatic fixed "with the speed authorized limit or "radar lights" during the whole time or you
                    are in the area of radar warning. In both cases the distance to the radar is specified.
                    DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Top man Fab, thanks.

Comment

£199 for Europe maps? I'm obviously misreading this.

Comment

Hi Guys,

thanks for the information that's almost perfect. I now get the alerts, but as well as the camera symbol showing I get a little speed sign (red circle with speed in the centre) it seems to be wrong, ie 25 in a 40? Any ideas?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny C View Post
                            Hi Guys,

thanks for the information that's almost perfect. I now get the alerts, but as well as the camera symbol showing I get a little speed sign (red circle with speed in the centre) it seems to be wrong, ie 25 in a 40? Any ideas?

Cheers.
                            I noticed that, and a symbol showing a motorcyle jumping over a car, but that hasn't happened yet either, mind you, with no sunroof I probably wouldn't see the motorbike jumping over my roof.

Speed limit symbols are odd though, they don't even equate to KM/H, I think they are just a static picture with 25 on it as the 30 MPH camera near me shows as 25 on the symbol too.

Stef
                            2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

its not 199 £ but is 199 €
                              its around 177.24 £

Comment

Working...
                              X