Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emyway/DAB cutting out

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone's had problems with emyway/DAB cutting out a lot or resetting itself every 10 minutes or so?
    I've only had the car a month and today on the motorway it turned itself off, asked me if I wanted to resume navigation when it came back on...and then told me to do a u-turn on the M6!

DStyle NAV? There have been a few reports in the network about this, I believe that there will be a software update shortly to resolve the problem.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yes that's the one, thanks for letting me know. Do you know how I can keep upto date on when and how the software will be released?

Comment

Best option would be to speak to your dealer and have them check for you. Otherwise the other route is to register on MyCitroen and the system will update you when new recalls are available.

Comment

Having the same problem with my new DS3. Driving it home from the garage on 10th July it cut out and has been doing so ever since. Dealer told me 6 of the 9 DS3 they sold in June have the same problem, they suggested turning off the DAB radio, which is apparently causing the problem only in the UK. I've turned the DAB off but still get the fault virtualy every other day.
          I have to say I am not impressed with DS UK customer service, had the car two months now still no sign of a fix and the cars are still being sold to the unsuspecting public,
          almost a case for trading standards; selling goods with a known fault and not informing the customers of it!!

I'm going to give them until October and if not resolved take the matter further.

Comment

The dealer would need to disable to the DAB rather then you. The error only affects an early batch of RP numbers.

There is a fix in progress which will resolve this so please be patient.

Comment

I was asking about the DAB kit at my dealers last week when they replaced two of the Bellones, they told me that coverage is still too patchy in our area and that I'd be better off saving my cash for the foreseeable future.

Is your signal ok but the unit keeps resetting ?
              sigpic

Comment

DAB around here is poor, only get half a dozen stations as it is.

Comment

One of the guys drove a DAB Citroen down to their other site and he said it was dropping out a lot
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem and have been told by the dealership I bought the car from that the DAB needs to be disabled (not just switched off) to solve the problem. Apparently, the company that built the software for the radio/satnav system basedit on a narrow DAB bandwith that has now been widened in the UK. As a result, the system is looking for something that doesn't exist so shuts itself off. I have been advised to contact Citroen customer service directly in writing to raise a case number and that if they receive enough complaints from distruntled customers they will do something to update the software. The dealership have been trying really hard to solve the problem, but it's out of their hands at the moment.

I have asked my dealership to disable the DAB as a short term fix but I will definitely be raising the case number with Citroen and would urge anybody experiencing the same issue to do so as well - hopefully, the more visible this issue is to them the quicker we'll get a solution. It's particularly frustrating in that the C1 courtesy car I've been driving for the past couple of days has DAB which works perfectly!!!

Comment

Biggie - have you heard about this ?
                      sigpic

Comment

^ Yes.

Citroen/DS are aware of the problem with the DAB systems on DS3 and are attempting to resolve the issue and no they are not sitting on the fence waiting for "so many customers", not heard anything in regards to the bandwidth so can't comment on this.

To everybody that is being affected with this please hold on as the fix will be out soon.

Also can I point out that the number of cars out on the road being effected is a very small number, my DS3 Nav which has covered 2,000 miles has yet to blank out.

Comment

Re dealers tuning the DAB off, I got a phone call from the Southampton dealer who sold me the car, and he told me how to turn the DAB off through the menu. No mention of a dealer having to do it. I have raised a complaint with DS UK, the person I spoke to treated me as if I was a stupid young girl, he denied there had been any other complaints with the new DS3 and told me I had to take it to my nearest dealer to have the problem varified! I took it along to a dealer in Poole who were fully aware of the problem and couldn't believe I had been made to take it to them. They sent me away within 5 minutes and did nothing or said nothing about a different way to swith the DAB off. They did
                          inform me a technician at their Christchurch branch has been working on the problem and had predicted the units would all experiance problems on the 31st August.
                          Unbelivabely on the 31st mine played up big time, quite how he knew this was going to happen I do not know.
                          One of the reasons I bought the car was for the DAB radio as we have good coverage in East Dorset and west Hampshire.

Comment

Do you mind me asking what they told you to do to turn the DAB off?

Comment

So basically we should sit tight and wait until the software update is out? I haven't taken mine to the garage yet so I'll keep my eye out on this thread for any updates

Comment

Working...
                              X