No announcement yet.

Best Location for Dashcam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't scrolled through yet. Has anybody made the "on your dash" joke yet?

If not, you should put it on your dash...
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by dangerousfish View Post
      i haven't scrolled through yet. Has anybody made the "on your dash" joke yet?

If not, you should put it on your dash...
      boom!!
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I've only got the one camera, forward facing, also hiding behind the passenger side of the rear view mirror. It is wired as above, except that the cable runs across behind the console into the driver's footwell (I used a flexible plastic rod that I had lying about in the garage to thread it through).

It then runs along under the edge of the 'transmission tunnel' trim (just tucked up under the edge, out of sight) until it gets alongside the driver's seat, where it dives under the seat and is plugged into a short wandering lead extension with a triple socket which is plugged into the car's power socket by the handbrake and simply sits on the floor under the seat.

A second socket on the wandering lead is used by my satnav cable, which is also threaded under the 'transmission tunnel' trim until it gets behind the trim below the steering wheel. There it is threaded through the wire 'handle' of a small bulldog clip on the edge of the trim below the steering wheel (one of those clips with folding chrome handles on). The wire is threaded through the outboard 'handle' of the bulldog clip which is left in the unfolded position so that the spare cable can be stuffed under there out of sight when not in use without the risk of losing the end under the dashboard.

The third socket on the lead under the seat is used occasionally to charge my mobile phone.

It's all a bit Heath Robinson but the cables are out of sight and tidy, and it all works fine.
        Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Working...
        X