Will usb play mpeg 4 aswell as mp3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will usb play mpeg 4 aswell as mp3 ?

just if any1 no`s off hand i could go out to car n read manual but thts all the way out there lol

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
    just if any1 no`s off hand i could go out to car n read manual but thts all the way out there lol
    You could always access the online version of the manual

Comment

Tsk Matt SOOOOO lazy!

Hope this has the right info:

You can find the page
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

cheers joni ur an anger

Comment

cheers joni ur an anger
          Errrrrrmmmmmmmmm, most welcome . . . I think . . .
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

angel # u no wot i meant

Comment

cheers joni ur an anger
              PMSL!! Best laugh of the day!

By the way for those who haven't figured it out yet the answers is no.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

This still isn't clear, are only USB sticks restricted in terms of files format and 128kb etc? Or does this extend to ipods as well or can ipods plug in and any file type or size kb be played? Fir example my ipoid has aac files and mp3 usually in 320kb format. Please could someone with an ipod confirm?

Comment

ipods are fine plug them into aux socket all gd if ur usin usb thn its mp3 or wma tht works hope tht helps

Comment

So plugging in via USB you can only use mp3's at 128kb or wma's? Thats terrible if true possibly a deal breaker for me. If plugging in via Aux do steering wheel controls work? Cheers.

Comment

pluggin in via the aux u cant use steerin mounted controls hav to use mp3 or ipod usin usb u can use steering controls and as for the other i dunno at wot kb`s all i got is 16gb usb with mp3s and wmas on and it sounds great works fine

Comment

Originally posted by halloween View Post
                        So plugging in via USB you can only use mp3's at 128kb or wma's? Thats terrible if true possibly a deal breaker for me. If plugging in via Aux do steering wheel controls work? Cheers.
                        You can use any encoded level of MP3, I use 320kb myself. The only other file format the system reads is WMA.

Thing with MPEG4 is that was developed to be used for media streaming rather then music which is why many systems don't bother to support it.

Comment

The use of WMA is limited to 128kbps. You can also use .WAV or .OGG.

If I remember correctly .WAV is probably the best for quality, but takes up more storage space.. and it's quite rare to get a legit .WAV file (I think)

Comment

Thats true, didn't think anybody used .OGG or .WAV files these days.

To be honest MP3 format is your best bet because unless you are a proper audiophiliac you will never really tell the difference in compression quality at higher rates anyway. Go MP3 and you can control the compression size to allow for more music on your USB.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                              Thats true, didn't think anybody used .OGG or .WAV files these days.

To be honest MP3 format is your best bet because unless you are a proper audiophiliac you will never really tell the difference in compression quality at higher rates anyway. Go MP3 and you can control the compression size to allow for more music on your USB.
                              .WAV files are used by DJs a lot, as they can match the quality that Vinyls used to produce (more noticeable in the big clubs with the huge sound systems) ... OGG files.. no idea lol

But yeah you're right, 320kb MP3 is what I use, I have one WAV file and I can't tell the difference in the car

Comment

Working...
                              X