No announcement yet.

Iphone/iPod or USB stck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gar074 how did you manage to play your iphone via bluetooth?
    are you using the satnav unit?
    are you ising an iphone 4 or 3g?
    i smiply failed to get the iphone 4 to play over bluetooth and using an aux cable produces terrible distorted sound
    anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

You can play an iphone either by bluetooth or by usb the usb is the better option as you get your playlists etc to play it via bluetooth you must pair it with the handsfree bluetooth kit in the car and then you select it as a source like you do the radio or cd or aux.

Comment

Tony Doesn't Have A USB Port - Citroen Cocked It Up And Gave Him A Satnav ( Dont Come With USB )...

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
          Tony Doesn't Have A USB Port - Citroen Cocked It Up And Gave Him A Satnav ( Dont Come With USB )...
          thanks mate

Comment

I Still Feel Super Bad For You Tony,

You Over It Now Or What ?

Comment

What a bummer sorry mate I didnt realize one consolation is the sound quality via bluetooth is awesome

Comment

If you don't have a USB port, don't worry about it. You still have an aux in. I'm lucky enough to have a redundant ipod nano that I keep in the car with one of these: http://www.dabs.com/products/best-va...rger-65GD.html and an aux cable.

Simples.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by tony30uk View Post
                  gar074 how did you manage to play your iphone via bluetooth?
                  are you using the satnav unit?
                  are you ising an iphone 4 or 3g?
                  i smiply failed to get the iphone 4 to play over bluetooth and using an aux cable produces terrible distorted sound
                  I don't have satnav. My iPhone 3G took a few attempts to pair correctly, but it now works OK most of the time (although as others have found, the degree of control is limited - for example it insists on playing tracks alphabetically, which can be a real pain).

I'm surprised that you're getting distortion via the aux cable, but then I haven't tried connecting mine via aux because I have usb, which works very well (& gives better sound quality than using bluetooth).

The question you still need a definitive answer to is whether it is in fact possible to stream music from an iphone to a satnav-equipped head unit. No-one on here has said definitively that it is possible, which is worrying, although for the life of me I can't see why it shouldn't work. If it doesn't it's a very poor show, especially as the satnav cars don't have usb.

Hope you manage to get your connection issues sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                    I'm surprised that you're getting distortion via the aux cable, but then I haven't tried connecting mine via aux because I have usb, which works very well (& gives better sound quality than using bluetooth).

Hope you manage to get your connection issues sorted.

that was due to me having to cut a little bit of rubber away on the socket to enable it to fit my iphone 4 with the bumber case fitted to it, if i take the case off then the usual iphone 4 problems come back like dropped calls, no signal etc !
                    now i have to buy a new aux cable !

Comment

Working...
                    X