No announcement yet.

Newly Purchased DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the car that i have now, the previous owner has installed a DAB aerial which is nice (one of those windscreen ones). Previously in my C1 i had an Alpine radio (not DAB) BUT did have front and rear USB which i really like. I still have this radio so might end up getting a Connects2 box and installing that one rather than purchasing a new radio with the same PLUS DAB as i would rather have the USB as i have a hard drive that holds my music/books etc. Would be really cool if i can
    1. get the reverse sensors working (connects2 box would do this)
    2. install the old radio
    3. be able to view what is playing on the display
    4. be able to use the volume stalk and maybe navigate music/folders etc
    5. be able to access the computer

Comment

OK bit of an update on this one, spent 3 hours at the service place on Monday only to be told that the volume stalks and the reverse sensors dont work because there is an afternarket radio installed!! Wow i said, i did tell you this before. The chap said that they could install a 'box' that would get the reverse sensors working but would never be able to get the volume etc working as it is not possible. I replied I am sure that it is possible, look at the Connects2 box as this does it all.

He is going to take a look and let me know. Would the Connects2 box work (assuming i get the right one and the right lead etc) also would i be able to change the clock? is like an hour and 4 minutes out which is driving me nuts.

Comment

Connects2 box should get volume and controls working (provided the aftermarket head unit supports it).

I'm pretty sure you can't set the clock without a factory head unit though.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

the guy working on it doesnt insire much confidence, bottom line is if they sold it advertised with reverse sensors they have to get them in working order. what i did see on ebay yesterday is someone selling original DS£ radios for £35 and in the advert it says included free programming to your VIN. that could be the cheapest and most elegant solution to get everything working back as it should

Comment

here is the link, i havnt read it fully so i might have missed something

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-D...GOaL:rk:1:pf:0

Comment

Working...
            X