No announcement yet.

ds3 dstyle plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I’m thinking about buying the usb box not from the dealer, am I right in understanding that the box needs coding from the dealer to allow me to use the full functionality i.e. steering wheel control, artist + track name on the radio screen?

Comment

Originally posted by daley_dee1 View Post
      Hi all, I’m thinking about buying the usb box not from the dealer, am I right in understanding that the box needs coding from the dealer to allow me to use the full functionality i.e. steering wheel control, artist + track name on the radio screen?
      Correct !

Comment

thanks! does it need to be the garage i bought my car from or any approved citroen garage? im right in assuming they will want a canny bit of wedge for doing it too?

Comment

Canny bit of wedge isn't the word and any dealer should be able to do it. I bet not for under £250

Comment

ive seen the accessories advertised at dealers between 230-280 but with the box so im trying to save some coin by getting the box from a different source and perhaps asking them to fit it. im told its a 2 minute job as well

Comment

I have fitted the "official" USB BOX (9702.EZ). Takes about an hour but does indeed need to be activated by a dealer. The cost varies, I got mine done FOC but sometimes they will charge £30 or so.You do need however to ensure you get the right iPod dock cable as early ones will not charge iPhones or iPod Touch models. Mine ends in a green DIN connector and this works fine with my iPhone 4. With regard to activation I am not sure as to the extent that can be achieved with the lower spec Type "A" screen as fitted in DStyle + cars. In my old C4 with this screen you could access playlists, artists etc by pressing Button 1 on the CD/Radio and scrolling through. Although I have had my USB Box activated in my DS3 I haven't got this functionality. My suspicion is that CD Text hasn't not been enabled for CD Changer on the Lexia program. However, the box works in as much that I can skip tracks, mute, change volume from the steering column controls. Pressing Button 1 directly accesses the 1st playlist on the iPhone, button 2 accesses the 2nd playlist and so on. Button 6 seems to go to the total song list starting at "A" and working alphabetically through the list!! I am not currently getting track names or artist on the screen. I am not unduly bothered by this as I have to say that navigating the iPhone via the screen and pressing Button 1 isn't the most user friendly. I used to find and still find that the best way to use the system is to manually select the playlist of whatever on the iPhone then plug the thing into the USB box and just use the control on the car to skip track, change volume etc. If you decide to use a USB pendrive for music then you need just 5 playlists/albums and access them via the radio buttons directly by pressing Button 1 -5. Another word (!!!) on this, the album shouldn't be more than 99 tracks. By my reckoning thats 495 tunes in total!!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidDS3 View Post
                I have fitted the "official" USB BOX (9702.EZ). Takes about an hour but does indeed need to be activated by a dealer. The cost varies, I got mine done FOC but sometimes they will charge £30 or so.You do need however to ensure you get the right iPod dock cable as early ones will not charge iPhones or iPod Touch models. Mine ends in a green DIN connector and this works fine with my iPhone 4. With regard to activation I am not sure as to the extent that can be achieved with the lower spec Type "A" screen as fitted in DStyle + cars. In my old C4 with this screen you could access playlists, artists etc by pressing Button 1 on the CD/Radio and scrolling through. Although I have had my USB Box activated in my DS3 I haven't got this functionality. My suspicion is that CD Text hasn't not been enabled for CD Changer on the Lexia program. However, the box works in as much that I can skip tracks, mute, change volume from the steering column controls. Pressing Button 1 directly accesses the 1st playlist on the iPhone, button 2 accesses the 2nd playlist and so on. Button 6 seems to go to the total song list starting at "A" and working alphabetically through the list!! I am not currently getting track names or artist on the screen. I am not unduly bothered by this as I have to say that navigating the iPhone via the screen and pressing Button 1 isn't the most user friendly. I used to find and still find that the best way to use the system is to manually select the playlist of whatever on the iPhone then plug the thing into the USB box and just use the control on the car to skip track, change volume etc. If you decide to use a USB pendrive for music then you need just 5 playlists/albums and access them via the radio buttons directly by pressing Button 1 -5. Another word (!!!) on this, the album shouldn't be more than 99 tracks. By my reckoning thats 495 tunes in total!!
                this is exactly what i've been looking for so a massive thanks davidds3. i'm not too fussed on being able to see the tracks ect however the controllability factor is key for what i'm looking for,i'll update the thread once i'v had mine fitted for others thinking of having it done.
                did you have yours fitted in the glove?

Comment

Yep, took the glove box off (what a game!) and drilled a hole in the back side of the glove box for the cable. Just being too fussy in making it neat. Don't reckon a dealer would go to the trouble I went to!! Glad you found my rambling post helpful!

Comment

Another good spot for the USB box is the little cubby hole down on the driver side. The box fits just nicely in there and to be honest most of our customers prefer it there.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                    X