No announcement yet.

Retro fir USB port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really wanting to get a USB input for the factory fit head unit so I can control my iPod/iPhone/iPad from the head unit/stalk. Won't be for a while though at those prices

Comment

I believe that the amount of control of the uSB input from the head unit stalk is limited, depending on the dashboard display. I certainly DON'T have full display when playing MP3 tracks on mine ( I have the std non hi-fi unit with monochrome screen A). I would exercise caution before splashing the cash to get the parts that Bigfeet76 listed and make sure that it will do what you want.
      Having said that the Parrot kit that my son used did come with a small remote (that can be mounted on the steering wheel or anywhere else convenient) that does control the ipod/iphone etc)

Comment

Limited ?

I Have All The Controls I Would Need lol

Comment

What model and radio spec do you have then T 24CKT ?

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
            What model and radio spec do you have then T 24CKT ?
            DStyle With Connect Signature - Monochrome C, Boot Sub, Hi-Fi Dash Speaker, USB, AUX + Bluetooth.

Comment

That's the difference then T 24CKT, you have the factory fitted option with the uprated display screen.......us mere mortals have to make do with the cheepy version

Comment

For Any Perspective Owners Reading This The £300 Is Well Worth It...

Comment

The point I was trying to make is that before shelling out £300 on parts one needs to be certain that with the kit already in the car, ie a non hi-fi option with the monochrome A screen that you will get things working the way that you want and expect.
                  Certainly its worth the outlay IF you are specifying what you want on a factory build, If however the car already exists and your wanting to upgrade to give the USB connectivity etc then just make sure that what you get is actually what you want

Comment

I just wish manufacturers would get with it and provide iPod connectivity as standard on all models, it's not as if any other mp3 player has any significant share is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X