No announcement yet.

Stereo locked in phone mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this twice using my iPhone 4S, first time I took it to the dealer and their tech guy took some pics and then pulled the battery connector. He also raised it at a Citroen tech conference. It appears that Citroen are now aware of the issue but don't yet know how to fix it

Update 30/1/2013

Just taken a call from my local Citroen dealers and they advised that Citroen want to install a revised model of my stereo unit in the car to try and fix the issue. It seems that it will be ordered today direct from the manufacturers of the unit, and then I'll get a call next week for the old one to be removed and the upgraded unit fitted.

If anyone's interested I'll provide more details next week after I've been to the dealers....
    Last edited by lfcrule1972; 30-01-2013, 15:43.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS3 View Post
      I've had this quite a lot with a 4S, it regularly freezes up for a few mins and sometimes have to disconnect the battery. Also after a call when I have the radio on it displays the name of the station that was on before I made the call but is either a different station or an annoying crackling noise. I have to press the preset button of the station I was already on to listen to it again. Does anyone else get that?

My local dealer have replaced everything they said they could and its still doing it, they suggested the issue is with my phone.
      This is one of many problems that I have...

Will have had my DS3 a year in March, am on my second head unit and still having a number of problems which as well as thw problem above also includes:

1)The stereo freezing after making a call every so often - sometimes only way to fix is by turning the car on and off again
      2)If I turn the bluetooth off on my phone and then back on again it can take a few days or several goes at turning the ignition on and off again to get it back working - and it absolutely will never connect if I turn the car on before i've turned the bluetooth on the phone.
      3)Once it is streaming music it once display the next track details if I skip forward to the next track but it will if I just let the song finish and move onto the next track itsself
      4)When streaming is occassionally cuts out like CD players used to when going over bumps (not sure if this is just a normal thing?)

Its been back to the garage in Oldham several times and they seem stumped with it. Apparently they have posed the question to Citroen but as of yet I haven't had a response so i'd be really interested in how Ifcrule1972 gets on! I do have an Iphone 4s but my husband has the Iphone 5 and also has the same problems.

Before my headunit was replaced I had all these problems (except the not displaying the next track which seems unique to replacement stereo) plus a horrible crackle which thankfully was corrected when they replaced the stereo but turns out was something more to do with the arieal settings on my software not being correct.

Still love my car to bits but am getting a bit fed up with trailing back and forth to the dealership only for them not to be able to fix anything!
      2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
      2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
      1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

I have had similar issues in a two year old DS3, with Galaxy SIII. One is that with USB music playing, then making a BT call that worked fine, the display came up asking for me to enter a name from the contact list. Nothing I did cleared this message until the car was left for a few hours. The other issue is that with USB music playing, using Google Navigation on the SIII paired to the car, it will absolutely never send the direction messages through the stereo. Only the music plays. To hear the directions I have actually to disconnect BT and then I can hear the directions from the phone (sort of, since I am also listening to USB music).

Comment

I'm hoping for a call back from dealer today or tomorrow to have the head unit changed, I will let you know when that happens. In the meantime I spent a day at the weekend converting my iTunes albums to mp3 and putting them onto a 16gb USB cruzer drive for the car as I was sick of the crackle and popping when listening to the ipod touch. So far so good.....

When I get the new head unit I will try the ipod again though as I want to know if this has fixed the issue or not
          sigpic

Comment

Replacement head unit fitted by Citroen dealer this morning, when I get a chance I will reconnect my iPod Touch and see if sound quality is improved now. Will also update if I still get iPhone/head unit freezes following this change.
            sigpic

Comment

Good result! Look forward to hearing how you get on.
              2012 Citroen DS3 e-hdi 110 Airdream
              2002 Fiat Punto 1.2
              1996 Citroen AX Forte

Comment

It's been in a week so far an no freezing after calls, to be fair it didn't do it all the time just intermittently. Need to get the iPod Touch back in at some point (liking my cruzer drive mini usb at the moment) to see if the sound quality is now less crackly and poppy !
                sigpic

Comment

Hi, have had the exact same problem. Only solution was to go home, turn off and allow time-out period. Popping the fuse for a while might help also, but haven't tried it.

Comment

Quickest fix is to disconnect the negative battery lead, wait a few seconds and then reconnect.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've had this happen when I switched the call from the car Bluetooth to the handset, the stereo started to make a horrible noise and switching off the ignition did not resolve it. I think I made another call and it suddenly snapped out of the frozen state.

Comment

i had the same issue a few weeks ago i ended up getting my wife to call me from her phone and it sorted the problem. by byr way mine is a 4S

Comment

Originally posted by furryjen79 View Post
                          - and it absolutely will never connect if I turn the car on before i've turned the bluetooth on the phone.
                          Hiya i havent had the other problems but admit havent had chance to use it much, but, i always have it on. If i forget and turn the engine on before the bluetooth on phone then yeah it wont pick up the bluetooth signal so i just go into the setting on the stereo and press to connect and it does straight away...
                          DS3 DSPORT 155 THP- Fuchsia Pink/Thorium Grey Special Edition - DO NOT TOUCH !!!

Comment

My iPhone 5 works fine, just jump in the car and go

Comment

Working...
                            X