Auto Dab Retro Fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Dab Retro Fitted

CUK were ever so kind and gave me £200 to spend on goodies after the balls up with my old THP so instead of buying 200 quids worth of mud flaps I decided to have a Dab upgrade to the Hi-Fi in the car

About an hour at the dealers and we are digital :cool:

The Ariel is fitted on the left hand side windscreen and the gubbins is behind the glove box so the whole thing is really discreetand you get a little remote jobbie to change the stations its all really good ...............All you do is click on with the remote and select preset 6 on your head unit which is the Dab channel and this allows all the Dab channels to interface with the head unit then use the remote to step up or down the 24 preset stations which are factory stored or scan for more channels ............................Simples :cool:

Quality is more crisper than FM and the head unit has all the same functions as before txt scroll channel name etc etc phone interface's the same as do all the other stuff

Not sure if I would pay 250 which was the price quoted fitted but not bad for free .................................. thanks Cuk :cool:

Ooooo quick update my old Red/White Thp was sold by the dealer lets hope its new owner has better luck than I did :rolleyes:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

does it look any different fitted as im debating it for absolute 80s

Comment

Originally posted by sted View Post
      does it look any different fitted as im debating it for absolute 80s
      You would never think it was fitted the only thing you can see is the small Ariel on the passenger side windscreen

Comment

cool may have to save up

Comment

Photos please!

I nearly had this installed but when I heard it required a dash mounted unit, I decided not to (I wanted to keep things uncluttered).

I believe in the next couple of years, FM Radio will be turned off, and so we'll all have to go digital. I wonder if Citroen will provide head units with DAB built in?

Comment

Originally posted by ach5 View Post
            Photos please!

I nearly had this installed but when I heard it required a dash mounted unit, I decided not to (I wanted to keep things uncluttered).

I believe in the next couple of years, FM Radio will be turned off, and so we'll all have to go digital. I wonder if Citroen will provide head units with DAB built in?
            fm wont even be considered for turn off until dab hits 50% which it probably never will

Comment

Originally posted by ach5 View Post
              Photos please!

There is nothing to take pictures of only the remote which is really small and that just stays in the compartment under the head unit

Everything is mounted out of sight behind the glove box

As said before not sure if I would have paid 250 for it but it does make the sound crisper

Comment

Originally posted by sted View Post
                fm wont even be considered for turn off until dab hits 50% which it probably never will
                Sorry but that's incorrect

Digitial switch over will be announced when a number of criteria are met

1: Dab coverage to be the same as FM
                2: 50% of listing done on a digital format
                3: local Dab is 90% coverage on major roads

Put that in to context

No actual measurement of FM has ever been completed within the UK
                Digital format can and does include the following DAB Radio broadcast, Internet radio and digital TV
                Mutilplex's (transmitters) are being commissioned at surprising rate to cover the major road networks

The AutoDab unit is made by a company called Connects 2 it's vehicle specific as it uses the steering wheel controls to
                control the functions of the AutoDab no other screen is required as it uses the vehicles own display.

It does however have a few draw backs as it only has one DAB Tuner, let me explain if you say listen to kerrang on Dab its available through out the country but its not transmitted on a national multiplex but on local commercial multiplexes.

For example if I travel from home (Leeds)to the office (Redditch) and want to listen kerrang I would have to retune the AutoDab 4 times as I drive the M1

The reason I know all this is I'm chairing a working group for the government on the accreditation and installation of DAB in vehicles and I have one of the first AutoDab units fitted in my ds3, connects 2 are a supplier to Halfords who I work for.
                DS3 Dsport + White / Black

Comment

It seems to me that for the moment at least DAB is a bit of a mess, not standardised and still a way off
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                    There is nothing to take pictures of only the remote which is really small and that just stays in the compartment under the head unit

Everything is mounted out of sight behind the glove box
                    I was quoted for this as a dealer-fit just before I picked up my DStyle+ and they showed me pics of a dash mounted DAB unit - Alpine if I recall correctly... If it was "integrated" like yours, then I may have gone for it (I like R5L which is atrocious on long wave radio).

Comment

The Alpine unit is not actually Alpine but a rebadged Pure 300Di

If you want no extra screen or remote the Connects 2 Auto Dab is the way to go http://www.autodab.com/
                      DS3 Dsport + White / Black

Comment

Originally posted by Stanly View Post
                        The Alpine unit is not actually Alpine but a rebadged Pure 300Di

If you want no extra screen or remote the Connects 2 Auto Dab is the way to go http://www.autodab.com/
                        I recon this is what is fitted to my car

http://www.autodab.com/product/productWizard.aspx

Comment

Well on that site if you put in a Citroen DS3 and then click on where to buy, it takes you to the Citroen website ! Therefore I think you're right mate...
                          sigpic

Comment

I have to admit I was surprised when I spotted there was no DAB in the DS3, it's no big deal for me for day to day use. I just thought that was the way Radios were heading and that a new car would have one.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              Well on that site if you put in a Citroen DS3 and then click on where to buy, it takes you to the Citroen website ! Therefore I think you're right mate...
                              If you follow that link to the unit it says it can be controlled by the stalk and voice activated been shouting at mine and nothing happens:confused::confused:

Comment

Working...
                              X