Distortion with iPhone Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion with iPhone Music

I had my iPhone connected via cable last week for the first time, the sound was quick distorted and crackly. Tried it yesterday with Bluetooth and I had the same result. The music sources play fine on my docks un the house and on headphones. Anyone else had this problem?

Originally posted by NGM View Post
    I had my iPhone connected via cable last week for the first time, the sound was quick distorted and crackly. Tried it yesterday with Bluetooth and I had the same result. The music sources play fine on my docks un the house and on headphones. Anyone else had this problem?
    Sounds like you might need to turn down the volume on your iPhone. I've not used my phone in the car for music for a while but I remember I used to have to do it with my iPod when using a cable in my old car.

That or there's a problem with your stereo.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Cheers, strange thing! Just gone out to check it out again and it's fine. I had loaded some music on the iPad to try out and it's fine too.

I guess I will just have to keep an eye (or ear) on it and if it flares up get her back to the dealer.

Comment

I used to have crackles and popping noises on my iPod touch when connected via cable in my first DS3. The dealers weren't sure what the issue was and when the stereo started locking/ freezing at the end of calls, Citroën replaced the head unit with a later firmware model. All was fine after that
        sigpic

Comment

my ipod usb connector is doing this too! Its like the input is turned up too high so distorts. As there is no control on the ipod when plugged in and the tracks are fine on headphones / bluetooth, i think its the usb box or something.
          Booked it in next week - hope the citroen garage don't turn their nose up thinking its nit-picking!

Comment

Originally posted by spiffoiow View Post
            my ipod usb connector is doing this too! Its like the input is turned up too high so distorts. As there is no control on the ipod when plugged in and the tracks are fine on headphones / bluetooth, i think its the usb box or something.
            Booked it in next week - hope the citroen garage don't turn their nose up thinking its nit-picking!
            Let us know how it went please?
            Mine was distorted on Bluetooth as well though. I have mamde a couple of calls via BT and the wife says it is very crackly and distant sounding too.

Comment

Mine has been fine with my iPhone or iPod nano via USB and I used the iPhone via Bluetooth for music and satnav and that worked well too.

Sent from my iPad 2 using TapaTalk

Comment

I would agree with Beefy on this one, make sure your input device's volume is turned down from full. When you are using the AUX input the car behaves like a set of headphone - thus too high the input volume the more likely you are to get distortion.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

well the garage couldn't find a problem with it. Not sure how they tested it but it still sounds bad on the way home. I agree with beefy about the volume but when an ipod is plugged via usb, it just goes into remote mode with line out - so you can't alter the volume etc on the device despite what it was before you plug it in. I guess i will have to buy an old ipod touch so i can use bluetooth all the time instead.

Comment

Originally posted by spiffoiow View Post
                    I guess i will have to buy an old ipod touch so i can use bluetooth all the time instead.
                    I used to use my iPod Touch in the car and that was how I heard the crackles and pops (not cereal lol) I mentioned above, I bought a new cable, no difference, tried unplugging it and then plugging it in again - still no difference. The only way it got better was when Citroen agreed to replace the stereo once calls started locking and freezing the display on.

Re you comment above my iPod Touch doesn't have Bluetooth, maybe newer ones do though ? :confused:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post

Re you comment above my iPod Touch doesn't have Bluetooth, maybe newer ones do though ? :confused:
                      Are you sure Chris?

I have one of the first original 16gb iPod Touch's and that has Bluetooth which I am currently using as the crackling when connected to my Motorola TK30 was becoming unbearable. Got a brand new Touch aswell and that has BT also.

Andy
                      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                      Take a pride in your ride
                      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Oh, maybe it does then :confused: perhaps I've never turned it on ??? I'll check.....

Ignore me I'm a dufus !! Just checked and I've been talking crap.... sorry ! It appears I didn't turn it on, probably explains why the battery/charge lasts so long.
                        Last edited by lfcrule1972; 18-07-2013, 06:47.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just go into settings then general and it should be there Chris
                          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                          Take a pride in your ride
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Yeah that's where I found it mate ! If I'd realised I wouldn't have tried to persevere with the cable connection for so long Oh well I moved onto 16gb Sandisk Cruzer drives now, much less worry than leaving an iPod Touch in the car....
                            sigpic

Comment

I have original 1st generation iTouch (2002) and they never had Bluetooth, only the later versions did.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X