Apple CarPlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
    Okay I think it's time to recap for those not reading the whole thread.

1.) Carplay/Mirrorlink is only available on new ordered DS3's as a FACTORY option.
    2.) It can be activated via a software update.
    3.) Dealers are under strict instruction from DS HQ NOT to activate the software due to licensing issues.
    4.) If you have the software retro activated it will be wiped the first time you go in for a service/warranty work, due to licensing issues. This will be because your VIN will not match up will the master database.
    5.) DS HQ has informed us that anyone installing the software will be possibly in breach of their vehicle warranty.
    6.) A possible retro dealer option is being worked on, but again licensing issues are holding things back.

Hope that clears things up.

/thread
    I'm still a bit confused.

joke - don't kill me
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Okay I think it's time to recap for those not reading the whole thread.

1.) Carplay/Mirrorlink is only available on new ordered DS3's as a FACTORY option.
      2.) It can be activated via a software update.
      3.) Dealers are under strict instruction from DS HQ NOT to activate the software due to licensing issues.
      4.) If you have the software retro activated it will be wiped the first time you go in for a service/warranty work, due to licensing issues. This will be because your VIN will not match up will the master database.
      5.) DS HQ has informed us that anyone installing the software will be possibly in breach of their vehicle warranty.
      6.) A possible retro dealer option is being worked on, but again licensing issues are holding things back.

Hope that clears things up.

/thread
      This just makes it clear that whoever at DS HQ decided this has no idea what they're doing. It's just a software update.

How is it having it on a new car is fine but adding it after isn't? It's the same computer system making the change surely?

If it is a licencing issue, make it a chargeable upgrade for those willing to pay = licence paid, simple.

/rant

Cheers for the info Biggy, DS are stupid IMO.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        This just makes it clear that whoever at DS HQ decided this has no idea what they're doing. It's just a software update.

How is it having it on a new car is fine but adding it after isn't? It's the same computer system making the change surely?

If it is a licencing issue, make it a chargeable upgrade for those willing to pay = licence paid, simple.

/rant

Cheers for the info Biggy, DS are stupid IMO.
        In a prefect world it would be just that simple

The main issue is how the licensing works and the method of recording it, once that is sorted....!
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

In a prefect world it would be just that simple

The main issue is how the licensing works and the method of recording it, once that is sorted....!
          Surely it can be added to the system in the same way they add it at the factory? I feel like either I'm missing something or are they just that special?
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Surely it can be added to the system in the same way they add it at the factory? I feel like either I'm missing something or are they just that special?
            I think the issue is at present all the VINs being licensed are going through a central system, now throw over 500 dealers in that mix...!!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I think the issue is at present all the VINs being licensed are going through a central system, now throw over 500 dealers in that mix...!!
              They just need to hire a few people at the central system to put in the details. Dealer calls up, gives VIN, it gets added, easy!
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

They just need to hire a few people at the central system to put in the details. Dealer calls up, gives VIN, it gets added, easy!
                With PSA's world renowned organizational skills this solution is just not feasible no matter how many people they put on it.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                X