Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slowly but surely. An American with a Citroen in South America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought some LED city light replacements to get rid of the yellow but they looked too blueish... didn't like it, looked really stupid. And when the low beam was on they began to flicker quickly and consistenly. They were supposed to have resistors built in... will table this. Probably gonna stick a normal halogen white/blue bulb and coat it with chrome so from the outside.

These projectors are bi-xenon. So now I have double highbeams... the light output is AWESOME... will rarely ever need them though.

1 Issue right after install: Right after install I turned the car and headlights on. Within a few minutes I noticed the fan turn on and the engine error light came on. Then the idle became rough. It was very weird. The car went into limp mode. It drove sluggish like it was trying to protect itself. Likely the boost and turbo cut out completely. I was kind of pissed thinking GREAT now I have a problem. But the install was straightforward like others I've done before. The next morning I had the car taken to an independent shop that works exclusively on Peugeot and Citroen vehicles. Tech connected his computer with the dealer software and reset the system. Car has been perfectly fine since. Hopefully that's the end of it. Cost me about $27 USD for the reset. THEN I REMEMBERED why this probably even happened... the guys never disconnected the battery during install. I've had so many errors in other cars for that same damn reason. Again hopefully thats the end of it.
    Last edited by NYBULLDOG; 03-12-2014, 00:00.

Comment

Looks really good, bet you are well happy
      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
        Looks really good, bet you are well happy
        Absolutely very happy with this modification. One of the the few VERY USEFUL ones lol. Thank you.

Comment

Took off the CITROEN lettering... looks so much better to me.

Comment

What a way to make entrance! Welcome to the club!
            Aka:
            Alex

:ds3:
            Blue Phoenix
            DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Loving all of this!!!

The lights remind me of Bumblebee.

Please keep us updated with all your plans!!
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Swear down, if they had a bumblebee at the car dealer I so would have gone with it!
                Aka:
                Alex

:ds3:
                Blue Phoenix
                DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Working...
                X