No announcement yet.

Dangerousfish's build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logistics more in the way of how Citroen are going to pay for my new toy(s)
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

With All This Suspense... It Better Not be Disapointing...

Comment

curious as hell. :O

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Finland View Post
          curious as hell. :O
          Me to, never could stand the wait to unwrap at Christmas.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It's Like Me On A iPhone Announcement Date... Oh Wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              Right, car had a complete engine failure but it's been fixed by Citroen under Warranty and has come back with a brand new engine

As a gesture of goodwill Citroen have offered me a couple of parts that I'll be fitting over the next couple of weeks (Thanks John Nichol). I'll stick some pics up when the parts arrive and they're fitted
              quick question, you say the engine completely failed and that they've replaced the engine, would you please be an absolute diamond and explain what happened to the engine and how you went about getting it replaced? I've checked older posts of yours but can't find any info.

I'd seriously REALLY appreciate it
              sigpic

Comment

Two of the pistons stopped firing.

I kept quiet on the forum at the time.

Car was picked up by the breakdown cover I have with Citroen and taken to my nearest dealership (not where I bought it from). I was given a c1 as a courtesy car and was interrogated over the phone by one of the techs as to what mods had been done. Mentioned the exhaust, rad pipes, dv and interior mods and left it at that.

Two weeks on got a call from the garage to say they'd sent diagnostics off to France and were waiting on a new engine from Poissey.

Called Citroen customer service and explained that I was very happy with the way the garage were dealing with the fault but was extremely pissed that I was without my car for this length of time. Got an apology over the phone but nothing else was done.
                I then left a rather moody post on Citroens Facebook wall and was asked to call back, I did and was immediately passed through to the uk sales manager who was very sympathetic. I explained why I was so pissed off, paying £xxx for a ds3 and driving around in a c1 for a month.

From here I was told they couldn't offer me compensation but would be happy to offer me a gesture of goodwill as way of apology.

More than happy with the way they've turned things around. Granted things didn't start great but I'm extremely happy with how things have been dealt with so much so that I'm now happy to fight in Citroens corner if anyone's pissed off.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Glad it got sorted mate

Comment

Two of the pistons stopped firing.
                    Any idea why it happened, Fish?

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                      Any idea why it happened, Fish?
                      I assume it was the pre-detonation issue that a couple of others have reported.

They initally thought it was the spark plugs. When they took them out they were literally BLACK so there was obviously a more sinister issue underlying from the start..
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

cheers for clearing that up mate. I have to say I'm extremely surprised they didnt just blame your mods for the fault and tell you to get lost. That really is quite amazing. Seems that hey can be quite good at dealing with some cases
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS379 View Post
                          cheers for clearing that up mate. I have to say I'm extremely surprised they didnt just blame your mods for the fault and tell you to get lost. That really is quite amazing. Seems that hey can be quite good at dealing with some cases
                          I suppose it's all dependant on how you deal with things.

Nobody likes being slagged off in a public forum, post links to your issues in future emails to CUK, if nothing's still being done then take your rants to twitter/facebook. You wouldn't believe how fast you can get a response when CUK know people are listening elsewhere.

What I would say though is always remain polite and courteous to the people you speak to unless they are purposely making your life difficult. The sweet lady you shout at when you ring customer service more than likely has her hands tied behind her back.
                          Escalate the issue correctly. The nicer you are to people, the more likely they are to want to help you.

Going back to your second point, they did try blaming my mods initially and I went and spoke to the chief mechanic at the dealership the car was at, he explained the issue and I explained why each of the mods wouldn't have caused the issue.

Once again, to prove how great my experience was with Citroen, instead of returning the car to me with all my mods in a box they actually re-attached all my new hoses, etc.. that I must have spent in total around 4/5hours fitting which I was also extremely greatful for.
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Once again, to prove how great my experience was with Citroen, instead of returning the car to me with all my mods in a box they actually re-attached all my new hoses, etc.. that I must have spent in total around 4/5hours fitting which I was also extremely greatful for.
                            How very cool of them, You had to take the bumper off to get that stuff on didn't you?
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                              How very cool of them, You had to take the bumper off to get that stuff on didn't you?
                              And the rad + intercooler so very pleased they did it for me when they were putting the new engine in.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I suppose it's all dependant on how you deal with things.

Nobody likes being slagged off in a public forum, post links to your issues in future emails to CUK, if nothing's still being done then take your rants to twitter/facebook. You wouldn't believe how fast you can get a response when CUK know people are listening elsewhere.

What I would say though is always remain polite and courteous to the people you speak to unless they are purposely making your life difficult. The sweet lady you shout at when you ring customer service more than likely has her hands tied behind her back.
                                Escalate the issue correctly. The nicer you are to people, the more likely they are to want to help you.

Going back to your second point, they did try blaming my mods initially and I went and spoke to the chief mechanic at the dealership the car was at, he explained the issue and I explained why each of the mods wouldn't have caused the issue.

I have made my dealership aware that I am on a DS3 forum and that I have lots of good and bad feedback about the DS3 from it and the dealership made a point of mentioning this fact to head office when they were on my side trying to get the best outcome for me. The dealership were then told by Head office that they could care less and that any publicity is good publicity. In the months that this has been going on I have been extremely polite and understanding and I was told by the franchise owner (off record) that I'd been too polite and that if it were him he'd have dumped the car back at the frachise (aka him) and told them to sort it, if that didn't work then he'd drive it to Slough head office and dump it on them.

This would solve nothing and would just lower me to a level which would inevitably lead to me being ignored.

The sad thing is I absolutely loved the car when I bought it and now it's nothing but a misery maker. Once it is refunded or replaced I guess I'll still end up selling it off and moving on.

To think that only 9 months ago I was writing to Citroen head office to praise my dealership and Citroen as a whole for being so great and now I'm in a fight with them. Sad times indeed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X