No announcement yet.

Dangerousfish's build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't like it, but I'm curious how it looks like!
    DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

they gonna fit it for you as well?
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
        they gonna fit it for you as well?
        Gonna get some help from a mate with the spraying and fitment. Shouldn't be more than £50 at cost to me.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Couple of small changes. Not managed to get round to spraying the scoop yet but the lads at Forge were kind enough to help out with a couple of bits last week

I'll post up some more info in a seperate post later.

cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hi mate. Looking sweet. Can you just get the side decals?

Comment

You can, if you contact craig at street-racing he should be able to print them off for you in any colour.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Bumping this.. Should have quite an impressive mod in place by the end of Jubilee weekend to trump over Zack's THP V6 Beater.

I'll try and book in a session with Viezu after everything's in place to get some dyno logs. Might even give Dave a run for his money when all said and done
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                  Bumping this.. Should have quite an impressive mod in place by the end of Jubilee weekend to trump over Zack's THP V6 Beater.

I'll try and book in a session with Viezu after everything's in place to get some dyno logs. Might even give Dave a run for his money when all said and done
                  Oooh, looking forward to this
                  sigpic

Comment

I imagine I'll get a bit of stick for this one, but here goes..

I spent most of Saturday routing cables, cutting fuel lines, drilling into air supplies and mounting bottles and nozzles all over the place. 7 hours in total but I've never done this before so didn't have a guide to work from.

There's still a couple things to do. I'm currently waiting on a throttle position sensor from Wizards of NOS and a couple of olives for the nitrous cable. Once done, I'll need to get the bottle filled up and then I should have an extra 30BHP or so under my foot

I'll try and grab some more pictures if I get round to finishing it this weekend to show you how it all fit's together but I'm also moving this weekend so it depends how busy I am.

cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

NOS, nice Nitrous oxide is amazing for cooling the intake charge on turbos of a high pressure (THP)

Injected after turbo and intercooler? 6an or 4an kit? Purge valve?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Clarke View Post
                        NOS, nice Nitrous oxide is amazing for cooling the intake charge on turbos of a high pressure (THP)

Injected after turbo and intercooler? 6an or 4an kit? Purge valve?
                        Injected into the top of the air filter to the engine, bypassing the turbo and IC. Figured it would be much safer and easier that way. I'll get some pics of the hole I had to drill as soon as I can.

The tanks a 5lb bottle, everything is -4AN, no purge kit required with this kit although I'm really tempted to just mount a separate bottle of CO2 and get some jet's for that xD
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Injected into the top of the air filter to the engine, bypassing the turbo and IC. Figured it would be much safer and easier that way. I'll get some pics of the hole I had to drill as soon as I can.

The tanks a 5lb bottle, everything is -4AN, no purge kit required with this kit although I'm really tempted to just mount a separate bottle of CO2 and get some jet's for that xD
                          Confused.com - The air filter is before the turbo and IC????

Does your kit take a supply from the fuel line to add extra fuel as well as the nitrous?
                          sigpic

Comment

***Didn't mean filter, the air tube at the back of the engine bay.

I have the Forge intake in mine along with the stainless pipes they made, the hole I cut is just past the metal bit in the rubber tube at the top of the engine bay.

One of the lines taps into the fuel line, mixes with the nitrous and then dumps it into the part I mentioned in the above.

As I said, I'll get some full pics on this weekend hopefully.
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

***Didn't mean filter, the air tube at the back of the engine bay.

I have the Forge intake in mine along with the stainless pipes they made, the hole I cut is just past the metal bit in the rubber tube at the top of the engine bay.

One of the lines taps into the fuel line, mixes with the nitrous and then dumps it into the part I mentioned in the above.

As I said, I'll get some full pics on this weekend hopefully.
                              That makes more sense, when you get it running resist the temptation to get the 50bhp jets, it's all downhill from there with melted pistons etc. 30bhp plus your map will be giving me a run for my money
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Clarke View Post
                                That makes more sense, when you get it running resist the temptation to get the 50bhp jets, it's all downhill from there with melted pistons etc. 30bhp plus your map will be giving me a run for my money
                                That was the plan lol.

The lad who I bought the kit from used to have the 50 jets in his MG TF which was a Scooby beater. Knowing Citroens reliability for replacement parts/engines at the chance of something going wrong I think I'll just stick with what I have for now and then look at some different bits in a couple of months
                                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                                X