No announcement yet.

Ben's Styling/Paintwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great idea,should be a good looking result.
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

• Hi Ben, car looks great - just need to clean the 'inside' of those Bellones to get them up to full shine :cool: I use 'wheel woolly' brushes on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by TypeDS3 View Post
        Hi Ben, car looks great - just need to clean the 'inside' of those Bellones to get them up to full shine :cool: I use 'wheel woolly' brushes on mine.
        I am honestly the least motivated detailer ever haha. I know that within a couple of weeks they'd be full of mud and brake dust again! Might give it a try before the next show I go to, whenever that may be
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Trax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• ^ Not going
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Loving the new bumper protector! The debadge is taking some getting used to though, I'm so accustomed to seeing the extra lettering there. It desperately needs an intensive clean, as 5 years of grime around the edge of the letters means that you can still see the "CITROËN" in white paint!

Sorry for quality of photo - taken through a window

September 2016
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Looks clean Ben....Style-wise!

p.s. Did you have fun positioning the bumper protector? The adhesive tape is grippy once you have cleaned the bumper!
                Last edited by JEZDS3; 14-09-2016, 16:14.

sigpic

Comment

• Oh yes, that stuff is wickedly sticky. Got it on alright, lined one corner up with the backing on while sticking the opposite corner down. It's tucked in nice and close to the body, but is maybe a millimetre too far to the left aaargh. I will notice that for the rest of my life!
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• I did something like that,so every so often or after jetwashing I give it a good firm press down to ensure it lines up properly!

sigpic

Comment

• Looks good! I spent 2 hours washing, drying and polishing mine today. Back to blacked the black acrylic bits and used auto glym products for everything and whilst I stood there sweating (it was bloody hot up North today), I was toying with de-badging the Citroen myself, but bottled it! My footrest has finally arrived, so will pop that on tomorrow hopefully.
                      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Great news you can (Foot)rest easy now!

sigpic

Comment

• Haha got any more? Save them!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky View Post
                            My footrest has finally arrived, so will pop that on tomorrow hopefully.
                            Have you fitted it? How are you finding it?

As for the Citroen badge, I'm feeling better not seeing it now. Really de-clutters the back of the car. Some people take the 3 off too, but I like it there
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Car is looking tidy now Ben!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BenS View Post
                                Have you fitted it? How are you finding it?

As for the Citroen badge, I'm feeling better not seeing it now. Really de-clutters the back of the car. Some people take the 3 off too, but I like it there
                                Had a hectic day, so not had chance to fit it yet. Gonna do it tomorrow and will take a pic for you mate. I'm still deciding on de-badging the Citroen bit.

Jez - how you liking the belt pads?

Comment

Working...
                                X