Ben's Styling/Paintwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Kat and Jan (edit and Jez)

I don't really want to claim since being a young driver, insurance costs a bomb and I'd like to keep building no-claims discount. I'm pretty sure companies like Autoglass only repair windscreens under insurance too.

I'll be watching it closely, and if it gets any worse or fills up with water, then I'll look into getting it fixed - either through insurance or privately, depending on which turns out cheaper.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Utter utter knobheads!! Sorry to see what pathetic idiots have done to your DS3 buddy. Complete disregard for other people's property makes me sooo mad. The fly eyes look great and hopefully water won't leak in through the cracks.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Sorry that this happened... try to look at it from a different angle. Atleast they didn't key all your panels! That seems to be the typical nob thing to do.

Be careful leaving it at work again though. Might have to invest in cameras that work when people go near it

Comment

• Originally posted by TomTom View Post
          Sorry that this happened... try to look at it from a different angle. Atleast they didn't key all your panels! That seems to be the typical nob thing to do.

Be careful leaving it at work again though. Might have to invest in cameras that work when people go near it
          I am glad they left the body untouched.

Work is usually fine, I think it was on a late evening where I had to park in a side car park instead of the main, well-lit, cameras-everywhere one. Might indeed look at getting a dashcam for when it's parked for peace of mind
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Sad times, but also a good excuse to get the new lights
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
              Sad times, but also a good excuse to get the new lights
              Haha, that's what Joni said on facebook
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Originally posted by BenS View Post
                Haha, that's what Joni said on facebook
                Great minds
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

• Been thinking about this, do you think its possible people where sat/leaning back on the bonnet, each side to put pressure on the corner of the lights and this resulted in the cracks? Or are there whack marks? Shit either way but trying to lessen the blow if it was accidental rather than malicious.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

• I don't sit on the bonnet, I don't let friends/family sit on it, and in my mind, general public sitting in a car that's not theirs is vandalism, as they are sure to at least scuff the paintwork a little.

The corners do seem to be the weakest stress point, as all the biggest cracks feed from there. I'd accept it might be accidental if only one was like it, from a football hitting it or something, but the lack of any marks anywhere else just doesn't add up.

I reckon it was more like a kick rather than a tool like a hammer, as that would have left a focus point. Definitely some blunt, soft-ish object with a decent amount of force behind it.
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Trying to get hold of someone with CCTV access today, all the estates team are hiding
                      Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Report it to the police also.

They won't come out because there's nothing they can do. Although if you get any joy on the cctv you can let them know.

They should be told for awareness in the area + stats

Comment

• Update: estates team are looking over CCTV footage, but there's not any good angles for the direct front of my car. In one cam my car is just out of shot to the right, and in the other, a building is obscuring the front wheels and forward. Still, any suspicious activity and they'll let me know
                          Join the Facebook Group!
                          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Temperatures up again today so a quick interior clean (which it very rarely gets) and used up the fly-eye offcuts on the fogs. Next stop: part-resprayed TRC splitter as a pre-Xmas gift to myself :snowy0:

October 2016

Yes, there's dead insect blood all over the front. Yes, I need to wash it soon :rolleyes:

Last edited by BenS; 08-10-2016, 19:55.
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Originally posted by BenS View Post
                              Temperatures up again today so a quick interior clean (which it very rarely gets) and used up the fly-eye offcuts on the fogs. Next stop: part-resprayed TRC splitter as a pre-Xmas gift to myself :snowy0:

Oct 2016

Yes, there's dead insect blood all over the front. Yes, I need to wash it soon :rolleyes:

Love that 'fly-eye' look, looks really mean! actually it was just this week I saw this kind of tint in a car for the first time, and it was a UK Reg Audi Q7, tried to stop him and ask how it's called but no success...
                              DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

• Fly(eye) away my pretties! ( for all you Wizzard of Oz fans out there! )
                                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X